A ? for those who do Charlean X

Options
I'm considering getting it and was wondering what size weights you typically use throughout the program? I currently only own 3lbs and 8lbs and wanted to know if I would need to invest in more sizes?

Replies

• lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did Chalean Extreme at the start of this year - I bought a set of dumbell weights with three sizes of weights - 0.5, 1.25 and 2.5Kg wieghts (about 1,3 and 5.5lbs) . This gives you the range of weights to lift from 2lb in each arm to 20lbs each arm. The only thing I found was that it slowed you down because you had to change the weights in between exch exercise. Initally I never thought that I would get to the point of using 20lbs, but the way that you progress with Chalene I could actually have done with something a wee bit heavier still!

However she does say throughout the workout that if you don;t have weights that you can make your own resistance, or you could try using the Resistance bands - I used these when I was away from home, and they certainly make you sweat!!I loved Chalene X so much that I'm going to start again in the New Year - I lost far more weight with Chalene that I have with anything else.

Wish you all the best to get through it in one piece as its not a piece of cake!!