Looking for a group, no slackers. >:]

Options
Looking for a group who is ready to put in some serious work. (If I get more then 5 people who are willing to join I will create a real group)

The challenge is to lose 7 pounds by January 7th. Yeah, that's only 33 days away. ( We will start on Dec 7th. So, actually, it'll be a 31 day challenge.)

You must be able to:

#1. Take pictures of your scale to show start&finish weight.
#2. Take a picture of yourself at the end of January 7th.
#3. Get on and chat daily.
#4. Stick to your diet.

That's it. SO WHO'S IN?

Replies

• jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds motivational. I'm down. Challenge accepted?
    Challenge-accepted.jpg
  • Gradesbrah
    Gradesbrah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats Anthony on your progress.

I think you need to be a little cautious with your goals of losing so much weight in such little time. Losing a pound of body weight a week is a lot. You need to consider the effect it will have on your lean body mass. If you lose too much muscle you will drastically reduce your metabolic rate, in turn reducing ability to lose body fat in the future.

Keep up the hard work.
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options

I think you need to be a little cautious with your goals of losing so much weight in such little time. Losing a pound of body weight a week is a lot. You need to consider the effect it will have on your lean body mass. If you lose too much muscle you will drastically reduce your metabolic rate, in turn reducing ability to lose body fat in the future.

Keep up the hard work.

Thanks. But i'll be fine. I eat lot of protein to hold muscle on training days.

The challenge is still on. Only 1 person???
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :D

And Wow! Congrats on your loss so far! :D
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    I'm in! :D

Hell yeahhhh wooooooo!!!!! 3 more people to make this challenge legit!
  • StellinaFish
    Options
    Wow, it would have been great!! Unfortunately I don't like to post photo's of myself especially after one of my MFP ended up with a stalker!!! Good luck!!

12355201.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Wow, it would have been great!! Unfortunately I don't like to post photo's of myself especially after one of my MFP ended up with a stalker!!! Good luck!!

12355201.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Bummer.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    dang stalkers. :/
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'll join... might be the motivation I need not to stuff so many chococale covered goodies down my throat over the holidays... 7 lbs in 31 days is a lot but hey even if I lose a few... a this time of the year, it's normally a gain, so count me in.
  • renlewis170
    renlewis170 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. Sounds like you'll give some tough love or tough something! Haha.
  • dianemhughes
    dianemhughes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. When and where do we post our scale picture?
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

Keep up the hard work.

7lbs in a month isn't too much. perfectly reasonable weight loss for most. over 2lbs a week is too much, but most can manage less than that. good luck to those in the challenge!! :flowerforyou:
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Awesome! I'll make it an official group!

Who else is in?
  • dropofhope
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Awesome! I'll start inviting people soon.
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Only 2 days left to sign up guys! LETS DO THIS!
  • AnthonyScalco
    Options
    Bump, come on, don't be lazy...JOIN.
  • urrkadurka
    urrkadurka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ill join =)