Egg and Cholesterol

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That's not true at all. I eat 2-3 eggs (including the yolks) every single day. I'm perfectly healthy. Egg yolks are one of the healthiest foods out there, there is no reason to limit them.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Obese people trying to lose weight need to err on the side of caution. I can cite junk science for anything, including coffee and chocolate.

For what it's worth, you have my permission to eat egg yokes....lol

Have a few for me!

Funny you mention "junk science," as it's the "junk science" that said egg yolks are bad in the first place. Real, clinical, nutrition research is in agreement that whole eggs (including the yolk) are one of the best sources of nutrition a person can get, and egg whites are pretty much a waste to eat on their own.

This!! These other statments above fly in the face of the research are just plain mornic.Chocolate bad for you?? Yeah, I guess I really don't want all those anti oxidants! FTR, there is nothing unhealthy about egg yolks. They are incredibly nutrient dense. There is also a extensive research that indicates there is no connection between dietary cholesterol and serrum cholesterol in the absence of other factors, being obesity, elevated triglycerides, inactivity and elevated intake of simple carbohydrates and total calories far in excess of daily requirements. This isn't my opinion. This is the data according to The Framingham Heart Study, Lyle McDonald and many other sources. it seems like whenever there is an egg topic or a butter topic the people spouting this moronic stuff come out!