A dry December - not looking forward to this!

Options
2»

Replies

• Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I also don't mind being the sober one at a party, somethimes. You get to watch everyone else act silly and have a hangover the next day. I like to drink socially but always give up alcohol for the Lenten season which carries me through St. Patricks day. I have a large number of irish relatives and friends so I'm always tempted to have that green beer. I have been drinking more than usual this fall and was thinking about giving it up till new years to help with my diet. Alcohol has a lot of empty calories! I also recommend liver function testing if you haven't done it. I have always known that drinking alcohol aggravates my allergies and is disruptive to my sleep. Can't hurt not to do it. Just replace with fruit juice, soda or sparkling water and smile and have fun!
  • petitfilou
    Options
    Ooh - I like the idea of starting a group. Once I actually figure out how (!) then I might just do that. It has been really helpful getting tips and opinions from like-minded people - apart from my mum, who has been very positive, most people in my life so far have not been that supportive and criticise me for being too extreme in giving up alcohol completely. It's really good to hear people being encouraging and reminding me why it's good to stop drinking, rather than having comments like, "Surely one glass can't hurt?" and "What do nutritionists know anyway?"