Does anyone else have this problem?

Options
I have several pair of below the waist jeans now that I've lost weight and I have trouble keeping them up. They're tight enough because I have some muffin top issues but when I sit down or bend over they feel like they're coming down. Maybe it's because I don't have a butt since I lost weight. I love the jeans but I just wish they could stay up. Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I need suspenders to keep my jeans up. :grumble:

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I have several pair of below the waist jeans now that I've lost weight and I have trouble keeping them up. They're tight enough because I have some muffin top issues but when I sit down or bend over they feel like they're coming down. Maybe it's because I don't have a butt since I lost weight. I love the jeans but I just wish they could stay up. Does anyone else have this problem? I feel like I need suspenders to keep my jeans up. :grumble:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    magic word...b...e....l...t
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've had that problem with or without a belt...I hate those jeans. I now only get the classic fit. I may not be "in" but I sure as heck am comfortable! :wink:
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Dave...with all due respect...YOU'RE A GUY.

haha... :tongue:

Yes, I have this problem with jeans. The style of shirts I tend to like, though, are longer, thereby eliminating the problem. If nothing else, buy higher waisted jeans. I know a lot of the "in" styles sit very low, but they're a pain in the *kitten*. No pun intended. :)
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY know where you're coming from, and because the style has changed our belts DON'T work, right? Our belts are too small....they were made to go around our waists, not lower towards our hips. Man....guys are so lucky they don't have to seal with that kind of stuff! :laugh:

A friend from work suggested that I take them in to get darted, because they still fit me well in the rump. Now I just need to find a Cleaners that does alterations. Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I TOTALLY know where you're coming from, and because the style has changed our belts DON'T work, right? Our belts are too small....they were made to go around our waists, not lower towards our hips. Man....guys are so lucky they don't have to seal with that kind of stuff! :laugh:

A friend from work suggested that I take them in to get darted, because they still fit me well in the rump. Now I just need to find a Cleaners that does alterations. Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:

OH...you are right...sorry....but anyway....it is a better problem to have than not being able to get into them
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I have this problem, too. I do wear a belt, but when I sit down, my jeans are a little lower in the back than I like! (but my boyfriend likes it though!!) :laugh: My only solution is buying Old Navy style jeans - the Sweetheart style. They sit right at my waist, so they aren't too "old school", but they eliminate the really low-waisted problems.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I guess I'll have to give up my below the waist jeans and go back to the waist high jeans. Kolbip, I'll check out the Old Navy Sweetheart sytle jeans. :flowerforyou:
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm actually wearing that pair right now... I always wear them with a long long shirt, lol. I could never figure out if they were too big or too small. I gave up and I only wear them when all my others need to be washed. Speaking off... I'm off to do laundry.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Oh.... nobody mentioned that now we have to buy low cut undies to wear with these jeans too. Which may work so that they don't stick out in the back at the top of our butts - but stinks in the front where the elastic falls right where it's going to roll down UNDER your belly roll (if you have one - which I do)

:frown:

I also hate the new style of low cut women's jeans.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Although these jeans are cute, they don't look good with a "muffin top". Many times it's not that we have a muffin top but rather the cut of the pants create this type of effect. Therefore, perhaps finding a more flattering cut will do the trick. :wink:
    excuse my ignorance but what the heck is a muffin top?
  • mommared53
    Options
    Although these jeans are cute, they don't look good with a "muffin top". Many times it's not that we have a muffin top but rather the cut of the pants create this type of effect. Therefore, perhaps finding a more flattering cut will do the trick. :wink:

Let me clarify my post. Actually not all of my below the waist jeans cause muffin top but the ones I'm wearing today does. The reason I mentioned the muffin top was so people wouldn't think I just needed a belt. Dave didn't make that connection though. :laugh: But you're right so I'm going to go back to wearing the waist high jeans. At lease they don't have me tugging all the time trying to keep from showing too much. :embarassed:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    excuse my ignorance but what the heck is a muffin top?

it's where your soft fat and skin fall over the waistline of our pants - looking like the top of a muffin! :tongue:
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well, us guys might not have the same exact problem, but we've got a whole bunch of other problems that clothing makers don't take into account. For example. Now that I'm a bit thinner, I can fit into 34 jeans with a little room. But my legs are built so large that I need the loosest fitting cut to get them to fit around my calves. Wide hip bones don't help either. I need to buy larger shirts just for my shoulders, and my shoes are Size 7.5, 4E width, which most shoe stores give you an empty stare when you mention width other than 2E, which is usually what a "Wide" shoe is. Not even the specialty shoe stores which have width carry my size, so I have to shop online for my shoes now. The problem with being a guy and buying clothes is just that the stores assume that you are a standard size and have certain proportions, and there aren't as many styles or clothing makers for men, so we get stuck with what's there.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have this problem all the time :laugh:

Me and my niece had matching cracks one time while we were playing! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Belt helps me tho :wink:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    A BELT is a good thing and I buy men's belts. They are longer and I can wear them with my low rise jeans with no issues. I tend to go for the more classic look, so there are more uni-se x belts in both sections.

PS. If you want to spend a little more money OR wait until the pants go on sale...I shop at Victorias Secret for pants. It took me a long time to find a pair I LOVE and will spend the money on. Any who...the Marissa Fit is low rise, but an inch higher, so it sits right where your love handles would be. Covers them up without being TOO high in the waist and TOO low showing more then you want. :smile:

Also, the Long and Lean jeans from the GAP are the same cut as VS. Keep in mind that these jeans run big. They might be TIGHT when you first get them, but within an hour or so they stretch up to 2 sizes! I got a 10 and love them.

Good luck.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

OH...you are right...sorry....but anyway....it is a better problem to have than not being able to get into them

I agree Dave...this is a good problem to have! :wink:

Also, for the record, I feel that I have been set straight by scaredofcoasters on men's fashion, and I appreciate that since I live in a house of all men who have never explained this to me before....therefore, I now also know that men can't solve all their fashion problems with a belt either! :happy: (Sidenote to Scared: for your shirts, are you looking for athletic cut? You sound like that's the style you may need now...a male version of "a good problem to have!" Also, I get the wide foot thing...I too have very wide feet with extremely high arches...not fun, I know!)! :smile:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I can't even wear women's jeans. I buy men's, they fit better. It used to be you could buy women's jeans by the waist and length like the men's, now I can't seem to find any place that does that. I can't do the size thing. What fits in the waist doesn't fit the badonkadonk and what fits the badonkadonk doesn't fit the waist or thighs. Plus for the most part, men's jeans are cheaper. I buy the Faded Glory ones at WalMart for about $10. I know, sounds weird but that's what works for me.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Ithe badonkadonk and what fits the badonkadonk doesn't fit the waist or thighs.

the badonkadonk...a new one for me..I like it
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ithe badonkadonk and what fits the badonkadonk doesn't fit the waist or thighs.

the badonkadonk...a new one for me..I like it

I can't believe you have never heard that....there is even a song about it called Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (it's a country song of course). We also call it "junk in the trunk" "poochy butt" "back porch"