Confession Time!

I had a chocolate bar last night, putting my calories over by 104, not a lot I know but I jumped on the scales this morning - also a bad idea, i've put a pound on! I could kick myself :mad:

Wanted to let you all know. In the hope that it forces me to be more careful, I used to have a big thing with chocolate - I was a chocoholic, and used to hide chocolate, I don't want that to happen again, so I thought if I told everyone, it'd be a good start.

I'm keeping no secrets this time, weight is going to come off, I'm just worried that if I don't admit it as soon as, I'll end up with my old habits - and I don't want that.

Thanks for listening guys, truely appreciate it.

:heart:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    I had a chocolate bar last night, putting my calories over by 104, not a lot I know but I jumped on the scales this morning - also a bad idea, i've put a pound on! I could kick myself :mad:

Wanted to let you all know. In the hope that it forces me to be more careful, I used to have a big thing with chocolate - I was a chocoholic, and used to hide chocolate, I don't want that to happen again, so I thought if I told everyone, it'd be a good start.

I'm keeping no secrets this time, weight is going to come off, I'm just worried that if I don't admit it as soon as, I'll end up with my old habits - and I don't want that.

Thanks for listening guys, truely appreciate it.

:heart:
  • Cyber everyone slips from time to time and we pay for it later and we know this . We sometimes make decisions based on our old habits , atleast you know what you did and know not to do it much. Chocolate is so good though , I love Dove chocolate it is awesome. God bless and good luck..
  • we all slip from time to time. don't beat yourself up over it. just put it behind you and move forward. if i quit everytime i messed up i would never ever try....i was 310 ponds and am 195 but still have 40 pounds to go. i slip up every week but i try to get the next meal right. always a battle. i have a very weak resolve for turkish delight chocolate bars...they are the thing i run to when in need, but i allow one a week and it helps...good luck......
  • Hey Cyber

Well done for owning up to the chocolate bar last night
    I know it cant be easy kicking that addiction but you've come along way.
    Keep it up.

Sharon. x
  • Morning Cyber. I too am a bonafide chocoholic! What I do to tame my chocolate cravings are to eat a chocolate chip granola bar from Quaker. They even have bars dipped in chocolate! :blushing: This way I'm satifying my need for chocolate and not feeling guilty about it! Just remember No one's perfect!:tongue:
  • Ok. so I'll put my hand up and say I had a chocolate bar yesterday as well, putting me over by 100 or so. But actually, I don't feel too bad about it - I haven't eaten chocolate for weeks, and it was a Green and Black's organic one, very high in cocoa solids (antioxidants!) and soooo yummy! Plus I was able to enjoy that one small bar (35g) and feel satisfied, rather than wanting more! This is a real turn up for the books for me, because I would class myself as a chocaholic too (or maybe that should be used to be?!). Now I just need to do some cardio to work it off, but that's fine because it was worth it!

Don't worry, it's fine to have a little bit of what you fancy every now and again, and chocolate tastes better when it's a special treat rather than an everyday habit, trust me! :flowerforyou:
  • It's definitely worth looking into the high cacao content chocolates. I too have chocolate issues (I think that's carried on the x chromosome!). I've found that when I eat 70% chocolate, I can eat no more than 1/4 of a bar. I actually ate a whole bar once and got sick! Look into the higher percent chocolates. This way, you can still enjoy some, but not sent your caloric intake through the roof! Also, if you're REALLY motivated to get the weight off ASAP, you can do a little more exercise when you know you've blown it. I saw that on The Biggest Loser and adopted it into my lifestyle. I had a blast the other night making up for my pizza indulgence!

Sunday girl, Green & Blacks is my favorite brand - RIGHT NOW!!!

Y'all Be Blessed!
  • Sunday girl, Green & Blacks is my favorite brand - RIGHT NOW!!!

You are clearly a woman of excellent taste LOL!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Once in awhile I also have a craving for chocoalate.

But I bought a bar last week that was 72% cocao.
    I didn't like it and I haven't wanted another one:indifferent:

I am guessing that is good but sometimes you just want sweet.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I love chocolate too and I don't deprive myself of it. I eat dark chocolate and I break off a couple of pieces and put the rest away. A little goes a long way.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    It helps me if I plan my "cheats" of chocolate. That way I still know I'm getting some. If you really want to mess with yourself, buy the 99% lindt (or just straight cocoa nibs) and have that. Even I, who eat stuff that is usually 70-85% range, can't overdo it on the 99%.
  • Once in awhile I also have a craving for chocoalate.

But I bought a bar last week that was 72% cocao.
    I didn't like it and I haven't wanted another one:indifferent:

I am guessing that is good but sometimes you just want sweet.

Try Green and Black's Milk chocolate bar if you can get it - it has a higher cocoa content than most milk chocolate but it's still sweet and creamy!
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Can I just say that going over by 104 calories does not mean you have gained a pound!
    It's still good to be honest and realize that it's not something you need to make a habit out of but your weight is going to fluctuate daily + or - a pound or two. Don't beat yourself up too bad. Just keep on keeping on and you will succeed! I look at naked pictures of myself every day, if that's not the world's best motivator I don't know what is!!!! The back fat kills me!!! Next time you think about hiding chocolate, think about hiding it in a fat roll! Ewwwwwwwww That will keep you sane!!! hahaha
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    I had a piece of chocolate (snickers) cake today (baby shower for a coworker)... I was so mad at myself not b/c I ate it but b/c of the way it made me feel afterward. I was miserable.

I have to give Naj5150 props... she stayed away from the cake and the bread we had with our spinach salads.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
    Angela
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Can I just say that going over by 104 calories does not mean you have gained a pound!
    It's still good to be honest and realize that it's not something you need to make a habit out of but your weight is going to fluctuate daily + or - a pound or two. Don't beat yourself up too bad. Just keep on keeping on and you will succeed! I look at naked pictures of myself every day, if that's not the world's best motivator I don't know what is!!!! The back fat kills me!!! Next time you think about hiding chocolate, think about hiding it in a fat roll! Ewwwwwwwww That will keep you sane!!! hahaha

GREAT post!

Everyone should realize that there are not really 'good' or 'bad' calories (except trans fats, those are truly bad). Eating ONE chocolate bar or ONE cookie doesn't just make you gain fat because it's chocolate or a cookie. In fact, if you're in a caloric deficit, it won't make you gain any. The only bad part is that you could've filled those calories with something more nutritious that would've had a better impact on your blood sugar or muscle. But if it's 100 calories...eh, take an extra flight of stairs. Just don't eat 35 chocolate bars, because that can lead to some fat gain.:laugh:
  • Uptownerd
    Uptownerd Posts: 23 Member
    Don't worry cyberswitch, you are only human. Congrats on being only 104 calories over, you being naughty is better than me on most days!