5'10" 199lbs trying to lose about 40lbs.

Options
I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Dede. I'm 27. I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 199 lbs. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 165 and 155. Is there anyone out there with similar goals and/or similar stats that wants to be friends?

My husband and I are losing weight together, but his road is so different from mine that I would just like to see what those in my similar situation are doing/have done .

Thanks anf hi all!

Replies

• kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and originally weighed 244 lbs. I'm currently at 189 with 45 more lbs to lose. My husband and I traveled the first part of this weight loss journey together, our paths have diverged. Though you've got a few inches on me, we're looking to lose about the same amount of weight. Feel free to give me an add!
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'9, I started this journey at 227 and I am down to 199. My goal is to lose about 28 more pounds o get down to 170. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I also have a 75 mile santa shuffle challenge going on for the month of December if you'd like to join that as well...

Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'9, I started this journey at 227 and I am down to 199. My goal is to lose about 28 more pounds o get down to 170. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I also have a 75 mile santa shuffle challenge going on for the month of December if you'd like to join that as well...

Best of luck to you on your journey!

What's a santa shuffle and how do I join? The name alone sounds fun!
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am 5"10 and started my journey (unknowingly, I should add :) - read my bio) at 210 pounds. I am looking to get anywhere around the 160s. I've lost the last 11 lbs with help from MFP. Feel free to add moi and best of luck on your journey!
  • racerZ28
    Options
    Hello....I'm short (5'2"), but have similar weight to lose, plus I'm 46 and in that time of life when the pounds are pretty stubborn, and my will power is really low. :wink:

The Santa Shuffle challenge sounds fun to me too!

Good luck! :drinker:
  • thegagsy
    Options
    Hi my name is Roy im 5,8 and 235 lbs and have a long way to go yet but when the Quack says your Obese, well you just have to try something, so he has given me diet pills and said get your fat butt back here in 5 weeks minus the pounds ????? I love my Doc, I only went in with chest infection and come out suicidle Ha ha.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi Dede. I'm 5'8" and weighed 210 at my heaviest. I fluxuate between 172-177 now but i'd really like to be 155-159. I did get down to 166 while training for a race, but that weight was short lived. Feel free to friend me.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My name is Rain. I'm also 5'10". I started my decent at 223. I worked my *kitten* off and hit 165, then life ... Happened.

I got back up to 192. I'm now working my way back down the scale.

Sounds like we may be walking a similar road (for at least awhile). :)
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey, im Lindsey, 5'10 i started off at like 280 pounds and am now around 180 pounds, im also aiming to get down to about 150, feel free to add me as a friend, it would be good to have someone with a similar goal! :D
  • AmandaJoi25
    Options
    My name is Rain. I'm also 5'10"

Just had to say COOLEST NAME EVER!!!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 6' and started out at 194. I'm down to 168 now, and am hoping to get to about 160ish. I totally give credit to this process, it's really working for me, when nothing else has. I've been working about 3.5 months, and lost 26lbs so far! You can do this!!
  • progresseeker2311
    Options
    well, Im heavier than you at 245, but I am working on 45 lbs right now before my second goal of an additional 30 lbs, we can def. encourage eachother!
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My name is Aimee. I'm 5'10" and when I started, I was 195 lbs. My goal is to get down to 150. Feel free to add me.
  • Tawanda190
    Tawanda190 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Tawanda I am also 5'10" and I am currently 217. I used to be 270! I am slowly but surely coming down! I lost 62 pounds in 2008 with another weight loss program. I gained 20 back in 2010 and here I am now trying to get that 20 plus more off. I would love to be friends to help each other with support along the way.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My name is Ronney and I'm 5'7" and I currently weigh 232 My highest weight ever was like 247. I've lost 14 lbs now and I keep on keepin on. MFP is a huge support and you have come to right place!

My goal is 199.9 right now. How does it feel knowing your weight is someone elses goal weight?

This is a great place for support and a great way to keep your hands out of the potato chip bag;) hehe

Ronney
  • veritywow
    veritywow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Tawanda and Aimee and ditto. I'm nearly 5'11 and want to lose 40lb. I'd like to lose 20lb by Feb 25th as my brother is getting married. He has bought his wedding forward !!!!. There will be many many people there I havent seen for 10 years ect. I've just turned 40 and really should have tackled these weight issue long ago. My husband is very supportive but its down to me. Have you set any interim goals ?. Good luck to the both of you. X
  • veritywow
    veritywow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Tawanda and Aimee and ditto. I'm nearly 5'11 and want to lose 40lb. I'd like to lose 20lb by Feb 25th as my brother is getting married. He has bought his wedding forward !!!!. There will be many many people there I havent seen for 10 years ect. I've just turned 40 and really should have tackled these weight issue long ago. My husband is very supportive but its down to me. Have you set any interim goals ?. Good luck to the both of you. X
  • HalBabyMore
    Options
    Hi. I'm Hal. Started at 218, got down to 166 last winter and now am back up to 197! My goal is to get down to 156 or so and not have this be an issue any more. Just starting back today. Good luck to all!
  • MattieJean21
    Options
    I am about 5'2 as well. I want to lose about 40 lbs. Since I am short when I put on any amount of weight it is very noticable. So I am going to beginning working out again like I used to. Hopefully since I have this acount I can stay motivated and stay on track. This is going to be one of my new year goals :) me and my boyfriend are going to work out together so we can get in shape together.
  • Tawanda190
    Tawanda190 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello Verityvow,
    I have set my interim goals at 5 pounds a month. I want to lose more but If i get 5 a month off I am a happy camper! I have been on MFP for about 50 days and I have lost 12 so far.:happy: