Exercise at home

Options
Hi does anyone have any good exercise ideas that i can do at home to help with weightloss?

I dont have time to get to a gym anymore really and the weather near me is horrible so wondering if anyone knows of any good at home exercises i can do? Thanks.

Replies

• KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can look some routines up on youtube. Or if you can spare 10 dollars you could go pick up one of the Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii, mini trampoline, and mini elliptical.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options

I just got a Wii and Wii fitness. My son hasn't set it up yet. Any games you like?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I suggest looking into tapes like P90X and stuff, according to my MFP friends, they rock!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Fitness is free. There are plenty of bodyweight circuits available if you go looking
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi does anyone have any good exercise ideas that i can do at home to help with weightloss?

I dont have time to get to a gym anymore really and the weather near me is horrible so wondering if anyone knows of any good at home exercises i can do? Thanks.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410592-upperbody-and-buns-dvds-workout
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Fitness is free. There are plenty of bodyweight circuits available if you go looking
    THIS

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    sure thing:)
    walk off 10 pounds - walk at home - Leslie Sansone- DVD - you can do 1-2-3 miles and burn up to 350 cals in 45 min . Leslie has a bunch of DVD's so choose the one you like.
    Also I went to this site " daily burn tracker" - training plan . It is kind of a myfitnesspal site and provides exercises training plans ( I got the free ones) and I am doing everything I can do at home with a yoga ball and a set of drumbells .( this is what I have for equipment in my house).

good luck
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    true! You don't have to spend money on DVD'S- JUST BORROW THEM FROM YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY.:)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    buy a jump rope, find some stairs to climb, check out www.bodyrock.tv or google bodyweight exercises!!
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you technically NEVER have to leave your home to lose weight. I would invest in a couple hand weights and an exercise mat, and check out this cool site: http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/?do=by_part&part_id=6&muscle_id=
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    Check out the Body Weight Training group here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/166-body-weight-training . There is a post linking to various programs, some free, some to purchase.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I must do her DVD's. I have all of them. Sheer laziness!!!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options

love my Wii Fit Plus & mini elliptical too... great idea for mini trampoline!

also use jump rope, hand weights, twist board with resistance bands, and good ol' fashioned calisthenics
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options

YEP!!! I like the one from the tough mudder website.

You can also always go for a run. Free except for your shoes!
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    THIS

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Quote from the forum regulation: "14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising"
    So, please, drop it.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    www.exercisetv.tv

www.exercise.com

I use both sites, great videos and programs.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options

I only exercise at home. But then again I have a complete home gym setup.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options

I only exercise at home. But then again I have a complete home gym setup.

Forgot to mention. Also, buy things used on Craigslist.com people are unloading gym equipment like it's going out of style. I equipped one of my garages with about $7000 worth of gym equipment for about $1200 with over 980 lbs of weight. :bigsmile:

Effective workouts at hom are what you make of it. I transformed myself without ever stepping foot inside of a commercial gym. And my thread here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/403233-lost-96lbs-and-made-top-10-in-physique-contest

Nothing against gyms, just the 15-mins here and there driving is not convenient. And, if my wife or kids need me, they know exactly where to find me (the gym, I mean garage...) :wink:

Good luck,
    N
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My son does stairs, squats, lunges, sit-ups, and pushups.