Day 2

Hello....I'm on here for my last last last last attempt to lose weight and get healthy. My doctor told me yesterday that I'm diabetic & have high cholesterol. He gave me 4 months to turn it around on my own, or next step will be life long medication. Told me it was time to get off my axx! I love this site so far, and am anxious for some support to help keep me on track once I get past the honeymoon phase on this new attempt to get healthy. 4-6 weeks is usually my threshold for keeping the momentum up...and then I crash & burn....and start gaining weight again.
Looking forward to getting to know some health trek buddies!:happy:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Baby steps and healthy eating will do it and keep it off forever.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    I sent you a friend request. We have the same health issues. Please listen to your doctor and DO IT. :flowerforyou:
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Don't think of this as a diet, but as a change to your life style. :) Take small steps that will be sustainable. You can do it!!
  • Thanks guys....I love the support....internal negative talk is so loud sometimes, and having others in it with you sure helps! I'm just finishing Day 4, and it's been really easy....mostly because I've made time for myself by making sure to plan for healthy eating, instead of just bouncing from coffee to vending machine to fast food restaurant. :embarassed:

I'm all about baby steps, and making this a lifestyle & not a DIET.

Would love to have some more friends on the site to share the journey with. :smile:

Sincerely....Marnie
  • i'm new on here as well. i'd be glad to offer you support. feel free to add me.