Lost weight SUPER fast!

Options
This isnt really a brag but I've lost 11 pounds in one week and I started the diet 1 week ago! :S I'm terrified of platueing and not losing any more and it's not like I've been eating veggies 3 meals a day :S I've been eating regular just up'd my veggie intake! Help?

Replies

• KHardy1989
    Options
    13171001.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JamiroJunior
    Options
    If you're afraid of plateauing, start intensifying your workouts. You don't have to make them longer, just harder. This way your muscles don't get used to one specific workout. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Candikickbutt
    Candikickbutt Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's super amazing, but unless you were burning over 3500 calories a day, a lot of that was probably water weight. Keep up the good work!!!!! Congrats :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    This is very normal for the majority of people in the first week of their diet. It will slow down. Much of it is water weight coming off which BTW is still a healthy thing. Maintain a moderate calorie deficit (I agree completely with the MFP suggestion of a goal of 1 pound per week), and incorporate occasional refeeding days (one or two a month) where you eat more than your maintenance calories, and you will likely avoid a plateau. Also start taking at least your chest, waist and hip measurements now. Many of my friends here who stopped losing weight, still lost inches during the time their weight stayed constant. In my book that is success and not really a plateau because if your measurements are going down you are losing fat even if the scale doesn't change at all.
  • KHardy1989
    Options
    Thank you guys so much :D I feel MUCH better now!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The 1st week's weight loss is usually in high number. Ive just started getting my life back in order...Ive lost 4pound in half a week...Im guessing my weight loss in a week will be around 11pounds too..Dont worry about it...Concentrate on today and stick with the plan. Good luck.