weight loss and smaller feet?

Options
IS it true that when you loose weight your feet get smaller??

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    IS it true that when you loose weight your feet get smaller??

A person can gain and lose weight in their feet.
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    not sure whether its true with everyone but i have noticed that my shoes slip off my feet now aha, its a good excuse to be able to buy new shoes! :D
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My favorite purple velvet ballet flats were the first article of clothing to get too big to wear. :frown:

I was so pissed at Mother Nature at that point. "Really? My FEET!? Of all the places to shrink, you shrink my FEET?!" :laugh:
  • LeighYan91
    Options
    not sure whether its true with everyone but i have noticed that my shoes slip off my feet now aha, its a good excuse to be able to buy new shoes! :D

I was wearing size 9 :blushing:
    which were falling off my feet all the time resulting in soaking wet feet from the rain.
    I bough 2 new pairs of shoes size 9 and 8 and the 9s just wouldn't stay on and the 8s are perfect :)
  • LeighYan91
    Options
    My favorite purple velvet ballet flats were the first article of clothing to get too big to wear. :frown:

I was so pissed at Mother Nature at that point. "Really? My FEET!? Of all the places to shrink, you shrink my FEET?!" :laugh:

I <3 this :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I use to wear a size 10 shoes now I wear some size 9s and some 9.5!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    For many of us, the feet are the primary site of water retention, so when we start watching what we eat we can both lose weight and water and I noticed that me feet don't swell in the afternoon like they used to. Shoes got loose too, went and bought some new ones yesterday, lol.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think so...I haven't wore my heels in a long time because they felt to tight. I didn't feel comfy in them anymore. Last week I put a pair on. Couldn't believe I felt comfy in them then started trying on all my others and was too happy they fit again...LMBO!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can gain and lose in any part of your body. Feet shouldn't be any different.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing thicker socks in my dress shoes for work and I have issues with my socks staying on my left foot while I run. I think it's possible!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mine did.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am walking out of several pairs of my shoes....

Go figure.

:smile:
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I only loss width. I slip out of some of my high heels :(
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    you may lose 'weight' in you feet but you probably aren't losing my fat in them. Generally, feet are a prime site for retained water. That's why some people's feet swell like balloons when they have too much sodium. Chances are good that since you've been eating healthy you've lost the water weight in them and they are at their normal size now. Either way it's awesome!

Don't ever let anyone scoff at you losing water weight - it counts too!
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My husband (who has lost 45 lbs) made a comment last night that his shoes felt like clown shoes because the were suddenly too big.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Your face, hands and feet can hold water. Your feet can get fat, just like the rest of your body can.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It is strangely happening to me. I mean I know some people get "fat" feet if they are heavier. which you'd think would make them wider, not longer. But I didn't think that applied to me? I dunno. I'm down like 1/2 to 1 size this year. maybe my old age is shrinking my feet? haha
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's totally true. At 270, I wore a 9.5-10. 90 lbs later, my 8.5s are starting to get loose. I guess I just had freakishly fat feet.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Definitely - my shoes won't stay on now.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    *Feet * First place I lost! Although I always had small feet, ankles etc...

Now hoping body will lose in tummy sometime soon!