jillian michaels vs p90x??

Options
I need some advice. I have been doing p90x for about a month and a half. today instead of the kenpo I did jillian michaels new butt and legs dvd (3rd workout). I feel like I got a better workout. I was sweating like crazy!! So, would I be crazy to do a jm workout on my cardio days instead of the stuff tony horton says? Or is that going to screw with my results? For the record I'm doing the lean version......

Replies

• Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    I do the p90x weight workouts and for the cardio, I mix it up. Doing Insanity, turbofire, jillian etc. If I do Kenpo, I put on weighted gloves and ankle weights on.
    Mixing it up keeps things fresh. Some days I would rather throw in a not so intense workout like zumba, turbo jam etc. Those can be more fun when you are just not in the mood to exercise.
    You don't have to follow a program exactly to get results and get fit.
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    that's what I was thinking. I love the weight training part....but am getting bored with some of the cardio......and I HATE the yoga!!!
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Find a shorter yoga like Tony Horton's One on One Fountain of Youth. Or do the first half hour of Yoga X and skip to the balancing poses. Finish from there. Or do the first 45 and the last 15. Change what you do each time with that workout. I have found alot more flexibility from doing yoga plus I am better at balancing. I can do crane :)
    I think it's worth to keep it in even if you do it every two weeks.