VEGETARIAN!!

Options
traceracer
traceracer Posts: 303 Member
I want to start making more vegetarian dishes. Does anyone want to share some of their favorite main meals, snacks and such???

Replies

• chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have some good ones, but am about to head to bed, if you write me a message I will mail you some German vegetarian meals if you want to.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    vegweb.com has great recipes. vegetariantimes.com is also a great resource.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, meaning I do not eat any type of meat or seafood but do eat dairy and eggs. Some easy go to meals for me are Whole wheat quesadillas with the La tortilla factory tortillas they are 80 calories, I use fat free cheddar cheese and grilled vegetables..usually red and green peppers, onions, mushrooms, corn, sometimes i add black beans you can put whatever veggies you want! Mine are usually around 200 calories and they are so good. I also like stir frys with baby corn, brocolii, peppers, water chestnuts, pineapple, sugar snap peas, zucchini, yellow squash, anything you want be creative! Kikkoman has a good stir fry sauce only 20 cals per TB. If im in the mood for pizza I take a light whole wheat english muffin with low fat mozzarella cheese and canned diced tomatoes add some veggies if you want and pop it in the oven for 10 minutes, so good. Vegetarian chili is awesome, one of my favorites is Bethenney Frankels.. you can find it on her website www.bethenneyfrankel.com it is the ultra healthy mexican chili. These are just a few recipes i like that are fast and easy. For casseroles and other ideas I use skinnytaste.com or sparkrecipes.com! Hope this was some help! :)
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've recently went semi vegetarian and have a few good dishes I can share.. but same deal heading to bed. I have tried all squashes now and my hubby and I;s favorite is Butternut- just cut lenght wise and bake with a few tb of butter at 350 for 30+ mins mmmm soo good!!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!:0
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I eat meat (chicken or pork) about 3-4 meals a week, everything else is meat free, but I pretty much make the same foods I did before just remove the meat. With some meals I'll replace the meat with beans, more veg, or even egg.
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My favourite meals include curries with lots of veg and red lentils, tofu with Thai red curry, sweet potato and black bean soup, vegetable stew, chick pea and kale soup, cabbage mushroom and spelt soup, roasted veg with hummous and pita bread and many others. Check out my blog http://holdthegoatscheese.blogspot.com.
    For snacks, I try not to eat too much fruit, I like cupasoup, liquorice, olives, crackers, a small amount of nuts or some roast vegetables or a vegetable soup.