Lame Excuses

Options
A friend jokingly told me to start this thread, so I'm doing it.

What's your lamest excuse for skipping a workout?

Mine today was (almost) "my trainer told me to take a rest day".

He's not my boss! I don't have to if I don't want to and I didn't want to.

Replies

• danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I almost didn't workout this morning because I told myself I was getting sick. After I drank my protein shake this morning, I took 1/2 multi-vitamin, vit C, and a zinc supplement, must have been a bad combo move because I got really nauseated and thought I was about to puke. I ended up eating a bowl of low sugar oatmeal and felt fine. "I told myself, you can workout, there's nothing wrong with you, just another excuse not to workout". Needless to say I got my butt up and did Afterburn and really loved it.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    But....don't you think the trainer is probably right? He advised a rest day for your health, not because he wants to boss you around. I don't know, I'm no expert, but I usually listen to what the trainer advises. I don't know what kind of workouts you're doing, but personally, my trainer told me that after a strength workout, your body needs a day of rest for those muscles because the fibers in your muscles tear and then need time to repair. He did say, though, that you can work different muscles on different days so your legs can rest while your arms are working, for example. Or you can do strength on one day and cardio on the next day. In any case, though, I always need some sort of rest day at least once or twice a week.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good job Dana!

cowansar, I should have explained. I am starting boot camp tomorrow. It's my first day and he had no idea what my workout schedule had been for the last week. For all he knew, I had only worked out twice all week. I know the benefits of rest days-I just was taken aback that he made assumptions. And all I did today was some treadmill time, which for me is mentally necessary almost every day. :)