What is your good news to be shared with us?

Options
Ok folks, we all know there's enough grim, bad news out there. Jobs lost, finances, separations, whatever, .....

Yet, there's plenty of good news out there too. Let us look at life with hope and believe in possibilities.

So, what's yours?

You just got a job interview after sending many resumes, you just made up with your family after a huge argument, you just got a small contract for a job, a neighbour was kind enough to help you fix your plumbing, you got into your choice of university, you got a great mark on a test, you got a smile, a nice hello from an acquaintence, you got a good lead for a business opportunity, you finally paid off one of your card's balance..............

What?

What good news do you have to share with us?

We are what we focus on. And what we focus on expands.

Mine for this past week was after a big fight with my sister. We said our apologies, hugged for so so long, said, "I love you." and forgave and forgot. That is great news. Appropriately enough, today is
Family Day in Ontario, Canada. The other was I got a small contract job, small extra income. Extremely grateful.

Feels so good to have good news. Feels awesome to share it. :heart: :heart: :happy: :happy:

What is your good news of the day or your good news of the week? :happy:

Replies

• heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Ok folks, we all know there's enough grim, bad news out there. Jobs lost, finances, separations, whatever, .....

Yet, there's plenty of good news out there too. Let us look at life with hope and believe in possibilities.

So, what's yours?

You just got a job interview after sending many resumes, you just made up with your family after a huge argument, you just got a small contract for a job, a neighbour was kind enough to help you fix your plumbing, you got into your choice of university, you got a great mark on a test, you got a smile, a nice hello from an acquaintence, you got a good lead for a business opportunity, you finally paid off one of your card's balance..............

What?

What good news do you have to share with us?

We are what we focus on. And what we focus on expands.

Mine for this past week was after a big fight with my sister. We said our apologies, hugged for so so long, said, "I love you." and forgave and forgot. That is great news. Appropriately enough, today is
    Family Day in Ontario, Canada. The other was I got a small contract job, small extra income. Extremely grateful.

Feels so good to have good news. Feels awesome to share it. :heart: :heart: :happy: :happy:

What is your good news of the day or your good news of the week? :happy:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have two of the best news ever. The economy is in the crapper and people are trying to save money but my company is the best.

I just paid two claims one for a man that was diagnosed with cancer, he got a fat check 16,000.00. You cannot put a price on your health but he is getting better and going on a vacation with his wife.

Another claim was a young man who got hurt at home and is going to be out of work for two months. He was stressing,no paycheck for two months. He got 2500.00

They were so thankfull. I felt happy to be able to pay them and there when they needed me the most.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My 7-year-old was nominated for her school's math club. :drinker: You need a letter of recommendation from a teacher & her teacher gave her one on Friday! :drinker:

I'm so proud! :love:

Nice thread idea! :smile: Cheers to you & your sis! :flowerforyou:
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My good news is that last summer and fall with the help of my family and friends, we raised over $12,500 for the NMSS, and my husband & I leave this Thursday for the MS Tour of Champions in Florida. While there I will get to meet and thank other top fundraisers from around the US. We will take in a few of the sights and also will do a 40 to 50 mile bike tour.

I am very excited for some warmer temperatures to ride and run in:love:

I am bringing my laptop and hope to stay on task with my goals over the 4 day weekend. However, I am splurging on dessert at the Awards Banquet Saturday no matter what::blushing:

Than when I get back, I start my fundraising efforts for this year. I am doing 5 MS events in 2009:tongue:
  • heal4444
    Options
    Hi All, Keep your good news coming!! Can't wait to hear more. This is great!!

Marisol7649, what a fulfilling job you have. Tks for sharing.
    Shannon023,bravo to your 7 yr old. You must be such a proud parent. Tks for my sis and I. So grateful for forgiveness and loving hug with her and I. I still feel warm every time I think about it.
    Spaulson, great news of your philantrophy efforts for MS.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    we just paid off a credit card, and we are a lot less in debt than we were last year, which is huge because we were in bad shape financially at christmas, so we are back on our feet financially speaking. So I am so blessed and thankful for that.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news everyone! It is good to think of the positive things in our life when so much around us isn't good right now! :flowerforyou:

For me, of course it's my pregnancy with baby #2 and the fact that I reached my goal weight basically the same week I found out I was pregnant!

My 2 year old is a sweet boy and super bright and friendly. I was told by the lady who runs the church daycare that he is "Something special!!" So, of course I am super proud of him and feel extremely lucky to be his mommy! :happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    My good news is that my 2 year old opened up one of her picture books that has about 10 pages and named all of the things that were on them. I was so surprised that all I could do was grin from ear to ear!!! I think my heart melted right then and there!!

My other good news is that my 7 month old is sleeping through the night!!:heart::bigsmile: :yawn:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I didn't get into the program I wanted at VCU, but I did get in touch with a wonderful professor there who really likes me and wants me to apply for the PhD program and put me in touch with a ton of people there! So I actually have still contacted a lot of people and things are looking good there.

Also, I was offered an internship at Virginia Tech at a molecular biology lab this weekend! The prof is really nice and I have a spot waiting for me there!

My previous A&P professor also said I could come to his lab this summer to complete my internship.

A ton of opportunities opened up this weekend! 'Whenever one door closes, another one opens.' :smile:

Oh, and my best friend told me I'm in the best shape of my life today and that I look very fit. :bigsmile:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh what a great thread!

My good news - the power went out in my 25-story office building today and one of the older gentlemen in my office, a man who recently had surgery and isn't in the best of health, was trapped in the elevator. I was frantically trying to contact the building maintenance folks when FOUR men swept in (like the calvary, only in matching red t-shirts!) and pried open the elevator doors. They could see the car, but couldn't reach it - but they didn't stop working to get him out. It took about 40 minutes but cheers went up when they finally freed him. :happy:

I was calling him Survivor Man the rest of the afternoon. :laugh:
  • ginaoakes
    Options
    In 20 days I will be a grandmother for the first time !!!! THEN 6 weeks later I will be a grandmother for a second time. Spring is going to be a WONDERFUL TIME. Tomorrow my husband and I will be heading for Hawaii to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary and the same day we leave will be my anniversary with MFP. . . ONE YEAR AGO AND A NEW LIFE !!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I just went part time on my job. No longer 9 to 5 five days a week. Its now 7:30 to 3:00 four days a week. Fridays off! yehaaaaaaa
  • purpleparadox
    Options
    I have a few bits of good news. :happy:

First, all my evening classes for this week got canceled- this never happens! No late nights for me this week! Second, I'm waiting to hear if I get into Omicron Delta Kappa, the leadership honor society- we find out if we get in on Wednesday. And third, I finally made it down into the 135 lb range! I've been fighting to get there for a year or so, and now that I'm finally making the right choices, I've lost six pounds since the beginning of January! :happy:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have been off track with this site!! But the good news is I chose today to get started again...and what a wonderful thread to get back on here to...

Second, is that even though I had to change my current goals a little for the time being...my husband and I are expecting our first baby in July!!!! We are SUPER excited!! YAY!!! (That's not news of the week...we've known for a couple months now, but it's still the best news ever!). Now, I just need to try to work on not gaining too much so I don't throw all my efforts from July to Dec out the window.

Third, we finally sold our truck that we've been trying to sell for a year now. It actually sold for a decent amount so we were able to apply it to some big financing bills...

And last, we're working on our last painting project in our house tonight before we CAN GET CARPET!!! I can't wait to have carpet...we've been without it for over three years now! :sad: And on top of that we have been sleeping on a futon and we just ordered some new king size REALLY NICE AND COMFY mattresses!!! It is to be delivered in three weeks...just after our new carpet is in. We just bought a new bed set and are so excited to be able to have a pretty bed!! :happy:

Oh, I love thinking about how great life is!! And the little things I get excited over...haha...like getting carpet!

Thanks all for the post...and thanks for sharing all your wonderful news!
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I finally learned how to snowboard and LOVE it. Tried last year got frustrated, decided to give it a go this year, bought my own board, and had my husband teach me, now we go as much as we can, get to spend some time together, just the 2 of us on the mountain in the powder, and I can burn like 1200 calories in one day, Yeah. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    My son finally started walking after going to his 18 month checkup and the doctor wanted him to go to physical therapy, so my hubby called the doctor to see if she still wanted him to go to the physical therapy and she said yes, so we took him to it on Febuary 9th. They said that he was doing great and that he was walking like a 12 or 13 month old but that was just because he had just started walking, that their was nothing wrong with his legs or hips or anything like that, and that he didn't have to come back for a month. I am so thankful and happy that there isn't anything wrong with him.

Also my daughter makes me so proud, she walks around the house singing songs that we hear from church. She knows every word to Jesus Loves Me, and some other songs, and at the age of 31/2 years old, but she was doing that when she was like 2, she has been talking since she was 6 months old. I am just so in love with my hubby and my kids, and I just can't complain about my life right now, it is just too good. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    Options
    Oh Everyone! These are just great news. Tks for sharing.

Knowing great things and good news are happening to you all is proof life is wonderful indeed. :heart: :heart: :happy: :happy:

Thank you so much. :happy: Keep sharing your good news with us all. :heart:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i got a 97 on a hard bio test this past week!! Happy am I :heart:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend gets to be on day shift for at least a couple of months and he is being a Dept. Manager!! :happy:
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    My DH and I just finished putting a walk in closet in our bedroom (we were both living out of two 3' closets and the bedroom floor). When all the laundry was clean, we had no place to put everything (I guess that's an excuse not to do laundry, lol). Now we have a walk in closet we both can use and our bedroom floor is clutter free, YAY!!