stretchmarks

Options
Dont they suck :( Is it true that nothing can make them go away?

Replies

• _JustLovely
    Options
    I've gotten chemical peels for mine. That helps a little. But I now look at them as battle scars. Rather have the weigh off & stretch marks than be heavy & not have them
  • mnec2010
    mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    or worse....heavy WITH stretchmarks !
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything completely erases them. I had them from being overweight as a kid, but now that I've had a baby, I don't care so much. My husband could care less.:blushing:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have them on my chest because the girls developed very rapidly when I was a teen. It left small scars, but they're not super noticeable. I don't even think about them anymore. Also, last year when I reached my heaviest weight 205lbs, I started noticing new ones on my stomach. They have become a lot less noticeable as I have lost a good deal of weight. Hang in there. They'll start to vanish or just not bug you as much. :flowerforyou:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have them on my chest because the girls developed very rapidly when I was a teen. It left small scars, but they're not super noticeable. I don't even think about them anymore. Also, last year when I reached my heaviest weight 205lbs, I started noticing new ones on my stomach. They have become a lot less noticeable as I have lost a good deal of weight. Hang in there. They'll start to vanish or just not bug you as much. :flowerforyou:

I had this same problem with "the girls"! In eighth grade, I still wore a training bra. By ninth grade, I was in a D! By the time I graduated, I wore a 30GG. Thank God for reduction surgery! I have stretch marks there and on my belly. I'm hoping they'll fade some as I lose (another advantage to losing slowly!).
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Learn to love them and your body with them. You can fade them... tuck them... laser them...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    anecdotally the mama mio line of products and RPN Flawless work pretty well
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    There is a treatment you can have. It's microdirmabration (not sure if that's the right spelling) it works by lifting the scarring. Think it's quite expensive tho
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I've had success with extra virgin olive oil mixed with pure shea butter. Q
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, I was about to post a topic about it. I have some pretty ugly ones on my sides from gaining weight pretty quickly, I know that they'll eventually fade, I'm just wondering how long that will take.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    They fade but unless you're doing plastic surgery, they never go away. They turn from the purple or red color to pale, almost silvery color. They won't tan either, so either avoid tanning so they aren't as noticeable or use tan in a bottle to get a more even tan.

Save your money and don't bother with creams or oils. I have tried stuff that claim they minimize the appearance, and haven't noticed any difference. They are fading on their own and hopefully as I tone up, my skin will tone up too, and the stretch marks will at least be thinner.
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I agree with WIfeNMama.

My stretchmarks fade really fast compared to most people but the scarring will always be there. It's the least of my worries, since I have at least 80 pounds to go! :bigsmile: