Carbs/Fats/Proteins

Options
If you customize your plan what percentage do you assign for each?

ie. 40/30/30 - is 40% your carbs or your proteins?

Replies

• Mommy2Girls
    Options
    If you customize your plan what percentage do you assign for each?

ie. 40/30/30 - is 40% your carbs or your proteins?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I do 50% carbs, 25% fats and proteins. Some days I do 30% fat and 20% protein. I work out a lot, and I do a lot of high intensity work, so I need the carbohydrates. The higher fats spare the protein for muscle repair. You don't need a ton of protein, you just need enough of everything else so the protein is used for protein synthesis and not energy.

*Edited that to say 20% protein the second time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I do 50% carbs, 25% fats and proteins. Some days I do 30% fat and 25% protein. I work out a lot, and I do a lot of high intensity work, so I need the carbohydrates. The higher fats spare the protein for muscle repair. You don't need a ton of protein, you just need enough of everything else so the protein is used for protein synthesis and not energy.

all that knowledge at 21....hmmmmm...you really only 21? at 21...I was hauling tanks for Culligan...Hey Culligan Man...and didnt know a carb from a budweiser but I knew I liked Budweiser
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I do 50% carbs, 25% fats and proteins. Some days I do 30% fat and 25% protein. I work out a lot, and I do a lot of high intensity work, so I need the carbohydrates. The higher fats spare the protein for muscle repair. You don't need a ton of protein, you just need enough of everything else so the protein is used for protein synthesis and not energy.

all that knowledge at 21....hmmmmm...you really only 21? at 21...I was hauling tanks for Culligan...Hey Culligan Man...and didnt know a carb from a budweiser but I knew I liked Budweiser

LOL

Well I am almost 22 :laugh: But this is what I'm about to get a degree in coming up on May 10th!! :bigsmile: Plus I'm a big nerd and this is a hobby as well. :blushing:

And you know more about beer than I do! :wink: