Low cal salad dressing? Salad recipes?

Options
Whats a good tasting low cal salad dressing for a tossed salad? Better yet, any interesting salad recipes you want to share would be appreciated !!! I always stick with a tossed salad - iceberg lettuce, cherry tomato, cheese, ham, red onion, and catalina dressing. But id like to try something new and less fat!

Replies

• mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just use balsamic vinegar. Really low cal and delicious.
  • Jensenstarr
    Options
    Paul newmans low fat Ginger dressing is great for salads.

My biggest tip on salads is chopping all veggies small and lettuce small too so it's like a chopped salad and then dip your fork in dressing rather than pouring on top! Enjoy your veggies :)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and balsamic,
    olive oil and lemon juice,
    Lemon juice,
    olive oil and any fresh herbs you have on hand,
    Try to avoid the bought ones as they are full of sugar.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like making a "guacamole salad": chopped avocado, roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, garlic, salt & pepper. Maybe with olive or flaxseed oil. :) YUM!
  • Joyce1980
    Joyce1980 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use fat free italian dressing. Very low calorie. I also use bacon bits or peices instead of an actual meat all the time. Cuts out calories and fat.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I use the Follow Your Heart Ranch Dressing. You can find it in the refrigerated section at your grocery store. It is super low calorie and tastes good.
  • Dgaines54
    Options
    I like to chop up an apple and a piece of grilled chicken into my salad. For the dressing, I find a tiny bit can go a long way if I mix up the dressing with the lettuce completely (get a bigger bowl and toss that sucker until its completely mixed). I really like kraft light done right catalina (50 cal / serving) but I know that's not really low.