My first 5K....and it was AWESOME!

Options
mauswood
mauswood Posts: 137 Member
I ran my first 5K today, and it was so much fun! With only 2 days of distance running under my belt I ran the full three miles! My time wasn't the fastest (30:45 minutes) but it wasn't all that bad either. Goal for next year is to shave 5 minutes off my time. I will have actually been a runner for a full year at that point too, which always helps. But anyway......YAY!

Replies

• cpar621
    Options
    That's awesome! I hope you enjoyed the race atmosphere. I was scared of it at first but now I love it!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    So you've only been running for 2 days, and you ran the full 5K? That's a great time, if I'm understanding you!
    Great job!
  • mauswood
    Options
    yeah, I looked back at some posts of mine and I ran a mile 2 months ago....then I sat on my butt....then a friend convinced my last week to sign up for a 5k and I ran two days this week to get my lungs ready. I figured I would end up walking some of it, but I didn't! I rode my bike a lot this summer...so I'm going to assume that helped :)
  • SarabellPlus3
    Options
    Gotcha.
    Were you a runner before, or did you just run that mile randomly? I know my runner friends can take breaks and come back in more easily than total newbies starting out, kwim?
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Congratulations! It's all the more impressive since you hadn't done a lot of running prior to the race.

Running a 5k is one of my goals right now and I'm sure it will be ages before I meet it. I hate running on the treadmill, so I'm waiting until spring to start Couch to 5K.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Haha, better than my first 5k time!! Great work!
  • mauswood
    Options
    The only time I used to run was during sports in highschool, but that was over 10 years ago. And even then I hated running laps. So this is the first time I've ever tried running more than sprints. I wanted to start the couch to 5k program. So I did that for one day, then I wanted to see how long it took me to run one mile...and I thought it was fun...so that doesn't really explain why I then sat on my butt for two months haha.
  • SarabellPlus3
    Options
    Awesome. You must be one of those "natural runners" that I envy so much! LOL Take advantage of what nature gave you, and keep running!!
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    way to go! i think thats a great time considering you hadn't done much running before!! =)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    wtg! my first one was this weekend as well! :D
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good job! I have the same goal to jog the entire 3.1 miles...:happy:
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! I hope I get to run a 5k within the next year!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am running my first one this weekend and I am getting nervous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!