The Obese Marathon Runner

Options
I'm still a few pounds away from dropping below "obese" to merely "overweight," but I completed my second marathon today. Dallas White Rock in the cold and rain. Finished in 5:04:45. More than 30 minutes faster than last year.

Burned 4434 calories. Right now, my net calories for the day is still only 68. I don't think I'm going to get even close to my allotted number.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm still a few pounds away from dropping below "obese" to merely "overweight," but I completed my second marathon today. Dallas White Rock in the cold and rain. Finished in 5:04:45. More than 30 minutes faster than last year.

Congrats!! That's awesome.
    Burned 4434 calories. Right now, my net calories for the day is still only 68. I don't think I'm going to get even close to my allotted number.

Calvinator, meet Baconator.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    Options
    That's excellent!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! congrats!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great!!! I'm training for a half marathon and as the training runs are getting longer, I am full of admiration for people who put in the time and energy to do a full marathon, that is fantastic.
    Well done!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    That is SOO awesome!! Super duper job! I wish to be just like you in a couple of years. My goal next year is to run a half marathon.. or maybe a couple of half marathons. Right now, I'm easily doing 10k's!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You are a complete badass. Nice job!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    YEAH......great job!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Congrats man!! Great job!!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You are a complete badass. Nice job!

I second this whole-heartedly!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Definitely badass! I guess I'm going to do my marathon. The only reason I'm kind of held back is I believe that I weight too much (190lbs) and might do some injury to my knees due to distance. But if you're able to do it, I'm inspired now
  • Rob_Sarge
    Rob_Sarge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thats truly inspiring
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Congrats! You are awesome!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Rock Star!
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! that is awesome, and such a great time. Good Luck in your next race
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    I love to see people who are not yet the "perfect" weight do a great job in races. You're awesome!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Oh, it's so yucky here today! But good for you for doing it, I don't know that I would have been as disciplined with this weather! Very impressive. :drinker:
  • sammielouwho
    sammielouwho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!! i hope to do something like this next year