I am new and need some motivation!

Options
I just started this last week and have officially tracked my calories for 7 days now. When I weighed in this week I had only lost .6 pounds. :( Kinda discouraging. There were even days when I wouldn't reach my calorie goal at all. I feel better, but I am not seeing the numbers to support this. :) Will it get better?

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Im sure it will hon! add me if u like! eat healthy and workout!

I just started this last week and have officially tracked my calories for 7 days now. When I weighed in this week I had only lost .6 pounds. :( Kinda discouraging. There were even days when I wouldn't reach my calorie goal at all. I feel better, but I am not seeing the numbers to support this. :) Will it get better?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I find weekly (and heaven forbid, daily) , your weights gonna fluctuate 1-5lbs and its no real change/loss.

A more reliable number would be montly weighins, cause the loss should be more permanent (5-10lb).

Also, take pics right now, cause sometimes the scale doesn't change, but your body starts lookin better and better.

:)
  • Magnaman867
    Magnaman867 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a journey that takes time and determination. Try to add walking briskly everyday for 30 minutes if possible to your day. You should see some progress with that. If you have breaks at your work, go for a short walk in place of something else you normally do. Little things like that will add up. Slowly increase your exercise time each week. And really cut back on your sugar intake. All sugars, including simple sugars like breads, pastas ect. can hinder your weight loss. If you eat more protein, it will allow you to cut calories without feeling hungry all the time. That will help you loose as well. It's worked for me.

Just don't loose hope and stick to the program, It just takes time. I look at this as a positive lifestyle change and not just a diet quest to lose weight. Just work on one day at a time. You'll be successful. You just need to believe in yourself and know you can do it!!! Hope this helps
    Magnaman
  • sdlittlefield
    Options
    Thank you all! I feel better....after I had my son I lost 25 lbs on a low carb diet, but I didn't feel great because all I ate was meat and cheeses...this gives me the opportunity to eat a variety of healthy foods and is kinda fun! I just want to lose about 10 more lbs and I'll be back to feeling great in my clothes!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    ,6 pounds is a great weightloss! I haven't lost anything in weeks and I eat under 1400 calories everyday! Good luck and keep your head up! Slow and steady weight loss is more likely to be permanent that quick weight loss.
  • bandedtabby
    Options
    It will surely get better. Dont stop working at it. I am just coming out of not losing anything for 2 months. My weight kept bouncing back and forth 8 pounds. Keep track of your body there are certain times in the month where we are retaining more water, thanks to our hormones. I just started on here and hope to meet new people. Add me if you like.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I always remind myself how long it took to put the weight on ... and that I can't expect it to fall off overnight (but wouldn't that be great?)

Don't get too discouraged, weight loss gets harder the closer you get to your goal - but we are all here to cheer you on :)
  • sdlittlefield
    Options
    I am only trying to lose about 5-7 pounds. So....I am hoping it won't take too terribly long....
  • Cerrydwen
    Options
    I just started this today but I know that people who lose about a pound a week are more likely to keep it off so I think that maybe its just a stalling point?
  • sdlittlefield
    Options
    I can't figure out where to post a new topic??? I must be having an idiot moment...where do I go to post a new topic??