Help! What did you do to lose the weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I too think that investing in HRM is a worthy choice. I did 40 minutes of slow jogging and 20 over minutes of 30 DS Level 1 back to back. Left my HRM on for additional of 30 minutes after the workout. The cal burnt was 700. May be you can share with us the workouts. And if all else doesn't make sense may be you should see the doctors and see what they got to say.

I burn my cals on the eliptical because that's what helped me lose weight in 2009. I lost 51lbs in about 6 months. so I figured I'd do that again but i see now I need to change up my routines. that should be fun. thanks!:flowerforyou:

Seriously what you need to do is eat. 1200 calories? Really? If you're eating 1200 and burning 1200 that means you are absolutely not feeding your body. Why would you do that??
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Seriously what you need to do is eat. 1200 calories? Really? If you're eating 1200 and burning 1200 that means you are absolutely not feeding your body. Why would you do that??
    [/quote]

I was taught that you have to burn more than u consume. I thought if I burned more I'd lose more. my mistake.:blushing:
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You need to remember that you are burning calories through every single thing you do. You burn calories by laying in bed. That means that if you eat 1200 calories and burn 1200 through exercise, you still have all of those calories you burn throughout the day. For some people it can be around 2000, so that means you have a deficit of 3200 calories and that will make your body go into starvation mode. You should never have more than a 500-1000 calorie deficit per day.

I was struggling to lose weight when I was only eating 1200 calories a day and burning about 500-600. When I realized what I was doing, I upped my calorie intake to at least 1500, more if I exercise. That gives me a deficit of between 500-1000 calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!