How accurate is the calorie burn on this site?

Options
Hello,

I've heard that gym equipment over estimate how many calories you burn. At the gym, the machine I use says I burn 600 calories in an hour. This site says 900. So, which should I enter??

Thanks for your help. :smile:

Replies

• mrsmojo82
    mrsmojo82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've heard that gym equipment over estimate how many calories you burn. At the gym, the machine I use says I burn 600 calories in an hour. This site says 900. So, which should I enter??

Thanks for your help. :smile:
  • alannajones
    Options
    Wow! I was thinking the same thing because today, I revved up the resistance on my machine and it calculated the same amount of calories as yesterday when I had it on a lower resistance. I've come to the conclusion that as long as I stay within my calories intake limits and workout everyday, that I will be burning more than what I'm consuming to reach my goals. This site actually matches the calories that's listed on the machine I use. Maybe you should enter what's actually on the machine or find a happy medium.

Have you ever heard of the BodyBugg? It's one of the most accurate calorie counters on the market. I believe it's 97% accurate. Well, I used one for a year and it helped me to understand what exercises burn how many calories. Now, I don't really count anymore or wear the BodyBugg because it helped me to understand.

Good luck!
  • running4myhealth
    Options
    Invest in a heart rate monitor. I never trust the machines at the gym.