Anyone elses goal size in the double digits??

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    When I began this journey at a size 34W, I could barely even imagine being in "normal sizes" (meaning not having to go to the plus size section to buy my clothes). I would have been pretty ecstatic over an 18 and just about over the moon to be a 16. The goal that I thought was realistic was a 14, or possibly a 12. I was at a BMI of 65.1 which was rapidly dragging me toward an early grave.

I am now at 159 pounds and a BMI of 26.9. I have 12 more pounds until my BMI will be in the normal range and my actual goal is 145 (only 14 pounds away!). No one is more shocked than I am about my current size. I went shopping on Friday and bought a pair of New York and Company dress pants in a size 8! It's beyond my wildest dreams to be wearing a single digit. I wasn't necessarily aiming for that. I was focused on 'healthy' and having a BMI that was in the normal range.

Sizes vary so much from manufacturer to manufacturer, though, that in some other brand I might have to wear a 10 or even a 12. The goal for me is going to be my health. How I look and/or what size I wear - those are just frosting on the cake (oops, maybe I should find a better metaphor!! LOL).

This is me standing in one leg of the size 34 pants!
    IMAG0239.jpg
    that is amazing and inspring! wow!
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    I'm gonna flip out when I get to 14...
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna flip out when I get to 14...

ayyyyyy mennnnnn!!! me too, for sure!!! :)
  • RonneyKay
    Options
    OMG, I saw your post earlier. That is so fabulous! Keep up the good work:) So do you suggest I keep a pair of fat pants LOL...

hey you know if you cut that leg off and have the waist sewed up you could make it a super cute pencil skirt:) jut a suggestion:)

Ronney
  • RonneyKay
    Options
    When I began this journey at a size 34W, I could barely even imagine being in "normal sizes" (meaning not having to go to the plus size section to buy my clothes). I would have been pretty ecstatic over an 18 and just about over the moon to be a 16. The goal that I thought was realistic was a 14, or possibly a 12. I was at a BMI of 65.1 which was rapidly dragging me toward an early grave.

I am now at 159 pounds and a BMI of 26.9. I have 12 more pounds until my BMI will be in the normal range and my actual goal is 145 (only 14 pounds away!). No one is more shocked than I am about my current size. I went shopping on Friday and bought a pair of New York and Company dress pants in a size 8! It's beyond my wildest dreams to be wearing a single digit. I wasn't necessarily aiming for that. I was focused on 'healthy' and having a BMI that was in the normal range.

Sizes vary so much from manufacturer to manufacturer, though, that in some other brand I might have to wear a 10 or even a 12. The goal for me is going to be my health. How I look and/or what size I wear - those are just frosting on the cake (oops, maybe I should find a better metaphor!! LOL).

This is me standing in one leg of the size 34 pants!
    IMAG0239.jpg

this is what i was talking aobut in my last post, LOl sorry!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Ideally, I'd love to be anywhere between sizes 8-12 currently i'm like a 14-16. My goal weight is 165-170 ( which is technically still considered overweight for my height) I just can't see myself being smaller, but I'll reassess everything once I reach my first goal.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just want to get into my size 12 jeans! anything else is a bonus. I'm a 14/16 at the moment (thats UK sizes by the way!)
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear a 16 in a normal store instead of a 16 from Lane Bryant - the two are definitely not the same.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Haha, can I just say how jealous I am of men's sizes! I hate it, the sizes aren't consistent. But with inches... kinda hard to screw that up.
    [/quote]

You would think so wouldn't you!!!

I have some 36" pants that are really comfortable and some 38" pants that are too tight! So just because it is supposed to indicate inches does not make it any more standard!!!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    For someone that was wearing up to UK size 34 a UK 16 would be my goal - I'm being realistic here because I doubt I will get to a smaller size.

To be able to walk into any shop and buy off the peg without it being a dedicated plus size store is my dream!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a 12/14 right now. I want to get back down to my lowest which was an 8... where I was before I got pregnant with baby #2. I think I'd be way too small in the 4-6 range.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to even guess. I was in the 200's by the time I was 16 so between finishing up with my development and having 3 kids I'm really not sure. That said at a size 16 I was pretty damn hot. Wish I had realized it back then.

The thing is I weighed about 165 at a size 16 way back when and when I've look at sites like http://www.mybodygallery.com/ and size 16's they all seem to weigh a heck of a lot more. I don't know if sizes have changed that radically since the 80's or not but it seems that what was a 16 then is more like a 10/12 now. :huh: The woman my height wearing a size 16 weigh over 200 lbs.

I guess I will just have to wait and see where I end up at. It's like a surprise with a long-term wait.
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    when I started on here I weighed 234 and was in a tight uk20. I am now 20lbs lighter and in a uk18 almost ready for a uk16. Am going to wait a little longer before I update wardrobe as its my birthday in feb so i will treat myself with my birthday money.. Anyways, I would love to be in a comfortable uk14. I cant remember the last time i was wearing a 14. Saying that I am what they call a large frame, so maybe anything smaller than a 10/12 might be tricky and make me look all wrong.... My dad for example, at his heaviest was 23st (322lbs) He is large framed like me... When he got down to 15st he looked great but he went too far and eventually got under 14st. Me and my sister had to tell him to stop as he looked really ill... Some people just cant get that small.... Its not about not being able to do it at all....
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I totally agree. My goal is to have a BMI in the normal range & just be healthy. When I started MFP BMI=52.6, as of today BMI=46.6. Around 140lbs is in the normal BMI range for my height, Will see what happens when I get there, I may decide to stay or go lower. (Btw I haven't been 140lbs since grade school & I'm 42yrs old, ugh what a thought! lol)

Good luck to all on achieving your goals!
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I will be overjoyed if/when my butt can fit into a 14 :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm content with any size, single or double digits. I want to get around 150, with more muscle than fat. I'll take whatever size that gets me.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a UK 18, though I have some size 16s that fit as well. Ideally, I'd like to make it to a small UK14 (US 12, I think) - mostly so that I can buy clothes from some of the high-end high-street shops that have lovely clothes at non-designer prices, but only go up to a 14, or at best, a very small 16. I have a large frame, with very broad shoulder and a wide, deep ribcage, so I suspect smaller than that won't be sustainable for me. In any case, I like having a few curves - I'm a female for heavens' sake, not a stick insect!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a UK size 12/14. I'm a medium build, but anything smaller than that & I look ill, my collar bones stick out like handles, so not a good look. And I want to keep some curves.:wink:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I think a UK 12 is the lowest I'd want to go.... between UK 12 & 14 would be ideal - which is equal to a US size 8 & 10.

I need to keep some booty & boobies....!

Lol...
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    ***** double post *****