Praying? That doesn't burn calories.

Options
13»

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!! Please don't pay any mind to the negative posts....there's always gotta be those handful of people. I pray for God to give me the strength, willpower, and discipline to achieve my goals to lose weight. In the grand scheme of things, it's God who lays out the plan for us....so yes, He is the one will bless me with the tools to be where I want to be in life. And that includes physically and mentally. Unbelievable things can happen when you have faith in God and trust that we He will guide you along the way.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "And lead us not into temptation...."

hey...if it works for you then it works for you.

have a good work out today everybody
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    For many the journey to weightloss is just as much about their spiritual and mental health as it is about the physical change. I commend you on being reflective of what matters most to you in this life. For those that share the same belief the reality is that God gave us the gift of choice. That gift rings true no matter what you believe. We each have the ablity to wake up each morning and decide how we are going to live it. MFP is a great avenue and tool to use to support eachother in making a choice that is for the better.

Best of luck to all of you on this journey to become more healthy.

i absolutely agree.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    I think prayer is more for encouragment and humbling yourself... I dont think if you pray God is going to make you lose weight.

I think what she was meaning was prayer for strength and the will to do the task, not dear Lord please melt the pounds away..

It takes work and faith that in the end all your hard work will pay off, It helps motivate someone who believes and trust me its one of the best ways I have found to come out of a slump. Not saying it works for everyone but it does help me. :)

lol. i agree.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ramen.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Well he might have been busy helping people lose weight.

Seems like god needs to get his priorities in order.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    really sad how after giving positive energy forward, some negative came back - please do not reply to my posts with anything less than positive vibes and flows ...if you don't agree, just press the back button, do not waste your time replying..

thanks you ;)

WOW!!! I was toally inspired by what you had to say and was feeling this post until the "bashers" replied albeit unnecessarily to your post. I'm often blown away by people and their non-belief. Just remember Christ is on the throne and he is for you and if he is for you who can stand against us. #Jesusloveshaters
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I was toally inspired by what you had to say and was feeling this post until the "bashers" replied albeit unnecessarily to your post. I'm often blown away by people and their non-belief. Just remember Christ is on the throne and he is for you and if he is for you who can stand against us. #Jesusloveshaters

I'm sorry, who's bashing here? Just because people don't jump up and say "hallelujah" doesn't mean that they aren't happy for OP and that she has found a source of inspiration. Jesus loves haters? Who's hating? I can't hate something that I don't believe exists. Disagreement =/= negativity/bashing.

Again, if you only want like-minded responses, post in a Christian group.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    People don't have to jump up and say "amen" but why did so many feel the need to answer this post with negative, ridiculing,sarcastic comments? If you don't agree with her and the power of prayer, just go on. Every time I get on the forums I see so much negativity and criticism. Do you act like this to people you come face to face with? For some reason, the anonymity that the internet gives us has made us a bunch of rude and insensitive people. If you dont have anything nice to say then say nothing. The responses to this post don't make the original poster look bad, it makes the rest of you who felt the need to respond in a negative manner look bad. And if you feel like jumping on me, have at it... you will just prove my point all the more.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    [Censored]
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    People don't have to jump up and say "amen" but why did so many feel the need to answer this post with negative, ridiculing,sarcastic comments? If you don't agree with her and the power of prayer, just go on. Every time I get on the forums I see so much negativity and criticism. Do you act like this to people you come face to face with? For some reason, the anonymity that the internet gives us has made us a bunch of rude and insensitive people. If you dont have anything nice to say then say nothing. The responses to this post don't make the original poster look bad, it makes the rest of you who felt the need to respond in a negative manner look bad. And if you feel like jumping on me, have at it... you will just prove my point all the more.
    Speaking for myself alone, I don't think what I said was negative or rude, even though it apparently wasn't the response she wanted...but yes, I do act like this offline too.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!