Hubby and I

Options
6 weeks ago, my husband was diagnosed with diabetes type2 and the doctor said he needs to lose about 15 kilo, it was something we both knew, (I need to lose weight too) but this has given us the motivation to really do it this time. So far he has lost 6 kilo and I have lost 4. I love the my fitness pal ap, it has made it so easy to keep to an eating plan.

We still have a way to go, but we have made a good start!

Replies

• KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    SO glad you're here and hope you'll feel free to add me for a bit of extra support! Hubby too!
  • Daughterofeve
    Daughterofeve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kandie! Always happy to make a new friend!!
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    welcome!! WTG to get started, add if you wish =)
    GOOD LUCK!

One thing you can look forward too with him losing weight with Diabetes...

IT CAN BE REVERSED! :happy:
  • Daughterofeve
    Daughterofeve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, at the moment he is on just one pill a day, and the doctor has said that if he gets his weight down he may be able to ontrol it with diet!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Working together towards a common goal is such a powerful thing. My husband, who is still the same weight as the day we met almost 30 years ago, is my greatest supporter. He gets out of bed early to exercise with me even though he is not a morning person. He chooses healthy options when eating because I do. Sure, he is getting the benefits of getting fitter and having me a happier and healthier person, but it is the fact that he does these things with love that is so powerfully supportive for me.

Good luck to you both in your journey.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    GREAT job! Much easier and more fun to do together! Good luck!