What to Wear?

Options
Hello,

I'm having trouble with wearing and buying clothes. I recently ordered some jeans online on Black Friday and I received them on Saturday and they are too big. Like, I have to bring the jeans well past my belly button for them to get somewhat tight. They were on sale so I cannot return them (really dumb policy) plus I'm kind of lazy to remail everything.

Should I take the jeans to a tailor? I don't know what to do. Should I buy new jeans? I've never been to a tailor. This is really frustrating. I just want some jeans that fit nicely (fairly tight/skinny) and nothing is working right.

Should I maybe invest in skirts/dresses until I've reached my weight loss goal? Please help. I'm really disheartened and frustrated by this. I'd normally be very glad to have progressed so nicely but I'm upset all of my clothes don't fit properly and it makes me feel really frumpy and fat.

I'm 5'2", 178lb. Any suggestions would be really helpful! Thank you!

Replies

• Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If they were on sale, you can most certainly return them to get another size. What you cannot do is get your money back for them (Sale policy).
    I hate wearing trousers or jeans and I only wear them if it is really cold outside and skirts/ dresses are out of the question.
    I have one pair of strechy jeans which are OK and would reccomend sttrech material to everyone, especially if you have problems in the hips area- like me.They go over your hips and tucks your tummy in as well.
    Hope this helps!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Ebay the jeans & with what you make buy some others.
    Get yourself to a mall & try on loads of different styles till you fine one that fits just right. Make a note of make & style & look them up on ebay.
    I buy most of my clothes this way, I don't mind second had as long as they're in good condition and I'm on such a tight budget it's the only way I can afford to buy 'new' outfits.
    Once I slim out of them I ebay them again.
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I tried to reply earlier and it didn't post. How annoying!
    I am sure you can return items on sale to get another size. What you cannot do is return them to get your money back for them.

I hate wearing trousers or jeans because they make me fatter, but I do have two pairs or jeans: black and light blue. Both stretch material. It tucks in your hips and tummy perfectly.

You might want to opt for A shapes skirts or dresses. Just bought one yesterday and it makes me look really slim.
    Hope this helps!