Jogging!

When I am laying in bed at night, and thinking about jogging the next afternoon, it sounds so perfect. I can't wait to put on my running shoes after a long day and just take off out the door, leaving everything else behind me! And then the next day comes...I get home and the LAST thing I want to do is JOG. I would rather curl up in the fetal position, watch tv, and eat ice cream. But then I finally make myself go out and do it and am reminded that jogging really isn't the fairytale that I thought it to be the night before! After the sweating, sore muscles, and loss of breath, I NEVER want to jog AGAIN. But then, that night...I lay in bed and think about just how great jogging is. Does ANYBODY else feel this way?!?!

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    I do it all the time. I think about how I can't wait to just run, listen to my music, and enjoy the weather...whether it's cold/rainy or warm. Then when it comes time to go for my run, I'm lacking the motivation. But I realize all I have to do is step one foot out the door, and the hardest part is done. And when I finish, I'm super glad I made myself go.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    I do get unmotivated when the time comes to actually perform but once I'm out there I'm actually fine. I love getting a high from the workout and revel in sore muscles. I just remind myself that sore muscles means I worked them, which means I did something right.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Yep! All the time! As I'm sitting here this morning getting ready I was just thinking to myself "I cannot wait for tonight, I get to go jogging!" But, I know as soon as I get home from work tonight I won't want to drive to the gym and get my sweat on at all. Alas, I will because it will get me closer to my goal 2 years from now.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    When I am laying in bed at night, and thinking about jogging the next afternoon, it sounds so perfect. I can't wait to put on my running shoes after a long day and just take off out the door, leaving everything else behind me! And then the next day comes...I get home and the LAST thing I want to do is JOG. I would rather curl up in the fetal position, watch tv, and eat ice cream. But then I finally make myself go out and do it and am reminded that jogging really isn't the fairytale that I thought it to be the night before! After the sweating, sore muscles, and loss of breath, I NEVER want to jog AGAIN. But then, that night...I lay in bed and think about just how great jogging is. Does ANYBODY else feel this way?!?!
    Are you my twin? lol! Only difference is that I would eat chips instead of ice cream but this is so what I do.. daily!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Yep! All the time! As I'm sitting here this morning getting ready I was just thinking to myself "I cannot wait for tonight, I get to go jogging!" But, I know as soon as I get home from work tonight I won't want to drive to the gym and get my sweat on at all. Alas, I will because it will get me closer to my goal 2 years from now.

I used to feel like this and the way I overcame it was to bring my workout clothes to work and change at work before leaving for the gym. That cut out the going home and coming up with all sorts of excuses for why I shouldn't go to the gym.

I am actually getting back into jogging after dealing with a locked up SI joint and I am absolutely loving it.