Help, confused about calories

Options
So, when I started out on MFP my daily calorie intake goal was at 1867 calories. Since losing almost 50 pounds my calorie needs have decreased to 1560 calories. My question is, how do I calculate how many calories are in something when the serving size is based on an 1800~2000 calorie a day diet. I am thinking my weight loss has stalled because I am going by the 1800~2000 a day calories when I need 1560. Can anyone help me?

Replies

• red_hatorade
    Options
    You base how many calories are in something by the serving size. The percentage of daily values are based on the 2000 calorie diet, but the calories listed are for that serving size. For example, 8 oz (1 cup) of milk is 90 calories. that is regardless of how many calories you take in daily. 8 oz (1 cup) will always have 90 calories regardless of whether you eat 2000 calories or 1500 calories.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You base how many calories are in something by the serving size. The percentage of daily values are based on the 2000 calorie diet, but the calories listed are for that serving size. For example, 8 oz (1 cup) of milk is 90 calories. that is regardless of how many calories you take in daily. 8 oz (1 cup) will always have 90 calories regardless of whether you eat 2000 calories or 1500 calories.

This.

So if you want to eat less calories you decrease the serving size (I'd go by half to make it easy) or make another choice that has less calories.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Another option would be to keep your calories the same and increase the ammount of physical activity you do.
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Exactly.... If i want to eat more I burn more.... LOL... when you adjust your calorie intake the other things i.e. protein, carbs etc will automatically adjust as well.