Stronger, Better, Faster.......Feb 17th

Options
Good Morning!

I'll probably be MIA for the next couple days.
Today I have to:
Do a take-home test
Finish 4 1-page essays
Finish a power-point for our group presentation
and take the dog to the vet!
I also have 3 quizzes over the next couple days
Then by Friday I have to do 5 2-page papers
I *think* that is all I have to do! :laugh:

Needless to say I'm swamped and worn out. I'm not going to count calories or worry so much about exercise this week because I simply don't have the time or energy. Thankfully next cycle (which is 6 weeks long) I only have 1 class instead of 3 so I'll have a lot more "me" time. I'll see you girls at the end of the week! Have fun!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I'll probably be MIA for the next couple days.
    Today I have to:
    Do a take-home test
    Finish 4 1-page essays
    Finish a power-point for our group presentation
    and take the dog to the vet!
    I also have 3 quizzes over the next couple days
    Then by Friday I have to do 5 2-page papers
    I *think* that is all I have to do! :laugh:

Needless to say I'm swamped and worn out. I'm not going to count calories or worry so much about exercise this week because I simply don't have the time or energy. Thankfully next cycle (which is 6 weeks long) I only have 1 class instead of 3 so I'll have a lot more "me" time. I'll see you girls at the end of the week! Have fun!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Quick post here for a change. I didn't say short. It depends on how much I can type in a couple of minutes.:laugh:
    I hope nothing else happens to my body. Last night I was eating and one of my front teeth on the bottom cracked!:noway: I wasn't paying attention and bit into what I thought was just food but there was a fork prong there. So now I have to go to the dentist to see what kind of damage I have done. :grumble: SO I am grouchy this morning. I hate it when things happen to my teeth because then I know I have to go to the dentist.
    I should be happy. The house is cleaner, my schedule is getting back to normal which means I can work out again, and Alex has been in a great mood.
    Today is:
    tumbling class
    drink water
    clean bathrooms
    try to work out
    and see when I can get in to the dentist
    Have a good Tuesday!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hate going to the dentist - it always means money leaves my pocket - sometimes lots of it. I'm getting a crown on Thursday - so I'm allowed to take that day off - lots of money will leave my pocket. I need a new dentist - he really charges too much.

I need to weigh this morning at the gym. Yesterday afternoon I weighed, I didn't like it. I've always gone with the morning number though. If it's up as well, I will have to cut back.

Yesterday I did: 2.5 hours of yoga, 1 hour of walking (30 minutes fast uphill, 30 minutes slow around the neighborhood), and 15 minutes of cybex. I just don't think that someone that gets almost 4 hours of exercise should gain weight. Though my average is just under 2 hours - still shouldn't be gaining weight. Case of the unfairs.

There's a firefighter here in town that just came out with a diet book. It's focus is cholesterol, but all of the guys at his station, when they tried the diet, lost weight. It's basically a vegan diet with all added oil cut out - also the normal: no processed foods (though he eats soy and rice milk :huh: ). I don't think you need to cut out oil if you are a vegan, but there it is. I was tempted to try it for 28 days, but just couldn't cut out oil. Oh, he's also won a bunch of triathlons. If you want to see: http://www.austinfitmagazine.com/

The novel is finished for the day.

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi pebbles,

Today is editing (I noticed on the calendar that it's officially ten days before my conference, so I better finish my paper!)

Today is also bikram, due to a voice student wanting to change up their schedule. (It was going to be a day off)

Oh, and speaking of voice students, word has gotten out in the fitness community, apparently. The first week of March, I'm starting a Muy Thai kickboxer who will trade me lessons for lessons (squeeeeee! I have always wanted to try Muy Thai, ever since my MMA competition days. When they would walk in we'd all say a short prayer they weren't in our weight class.) A woman certified in Thai Massage, also bartering hour for hour. And my old personal trainer, who's now working from home. So, that's all essentially for free. I love the barter system! Now if I could only find a manicurist, a hairdresser, a makeup artist and a stylist I could be a movie star.:tongue:

I'm also trying to work up the courage to talk to my gym's owner and see if I got certified to teach spinning, if he'd hire me to teach a few classes a week in exchange for a free gym membership. That way, I'd always be sure to have a class that I liked that matched my schedule. . .

I am pretty sore from the workout yesterday, due to the experimental trainer's high rep philosophy. I was doing lighter than usual (but only a little) weights but about twice the reps. . .so I'm hoping that yoga will stretch me out.

That's my novel for the day.

Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options

I'm also trying to work up the courage to talk to my gym's owner and see if I got certified to teach spinning, if he'd hire me to teach a few classes a week in exchange for a free gym membership. That way, I'd always be sure to have a class that I liked that matched my schedule. . .

Ummm, be careful there. I get paid $25/hour to teach yoga. Most other group exercise is about the same. If you taught one class a week, you would be paying $100 a month for your gym membership. Also, at the gym I where I teach, you get a free membership if you do so many hours a week (I think it's 3), as well as getting paid.
    Also, before you go into teaching, make a CD of the songs you would use, then go into the spin room when no one is there and try to talk while doing your own spin class. I don't doubt you could do it - but you should be ready before you approach the owner.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Ummm, be careful there. I get paid $25/hour to teach yoga. Most other group exercise is about the same. If you taught one class a week, you would be paying $100 a month for your gym membership. Also, at the gym I where I teach, you get a free membership if you do so many hours a week (I think it's 3), as well as getting paid.
    Also, before you go into teaching, make a CD of the songs you would use, then go into the spin room when no one is there and try to talk while doing your own spin class. I don't doubt you could do it - but you should be ready before you approach the owner.
    Just my 2 cents.

I already go in and do the spin class by myself, because my gym doesn't offer enough (imho) spin classes.

And, sickeningly, due to the big city/high rents in my neighborhood phenomenon, I pay $90 a month for my gym membership. (yikes.) Oh, and it would be a few months down the road, because I'd have to go to Ottawa to get certified. The other concern for me is that my visa doesn't cover official "work", so I couldn't actually get paid to teach. I'm sure there's lots of other stuff to think about. . .
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... remember me?

Two days to go until my defense - squeee!! I rehearsed my presentation for the second time last night and I am starting to feel like I might actually be able to pull this off. It's hard to believe! I am taking tomorrow and Thursday off from work, and will be focusing tonight on getting the 'live demo' part of my presentation down pat (making sure all the links work, making sure I remove any random debugging notes from the output, etc etc).

Assuming I get through my defense, I'll still be polishing up my final written report over the next week or so - but Thursday is really the big hurdle. I may even be able to get back to exercising next week! And I can go to bed before 1AM! And see a movie! And hang out with my DH! And get a massage! And do my taxes (OK, that one isn't so exciting)! And everything else I've put on hold for the past few months... :happy:

Sorry for the novel - I'm just excited that the end is in sight. Renae, good luck with all your school work. Mary, huge congrats on jogging a mile! MM, sorry about your tooth. Vivia, I'm glad you're getting back into your groove - your barter system sounds like a pretty good deal. Karen, I think you said you had the week off but I hope you are well. And everyone else - I look forward to catching up soon! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good news for me! I got into the dentist right away and there's nothing wrong with my tooth! Well, he didn't see anything. I can feel "new tooth" and a bit of a sharp edge so I know something happened. I am just glad it was nothing serious! I saw my wisdom teeth on the xrays. They are pushing my other teeth together because they are impacted and sideways. I don't like that they are making my teeth a little crooked on the bottom but I do not want to get them removed if they aren't causing any problems! I'm just really relieved right now.
    Alex was really good while we were waiting and he did a really good job in tumbling class. He's been in a super mood since last Friday.
    Cp, it's good to hear from you. Can't wait till you are back with us!
    I'd better finish up lunch and get to work. I wasn't expecting to be gone all morning!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    And, sickeningly, due to the big city/high rents in my neighborhood phenomenon, I pay $90 a month for my gym membership. (yikes.) .

:noway:

Good luck CP!