End of the week slide

Options
I am having a hard time making myself log my food at the end of the week. I generally log until Thursday and then for some reason, I just stop. Actually, if I am going to be honest, the reason I stop logging is that I think that I will proabably eat too much on the weekend and I don't want to see it in black and white. My husband is trying to be healthier too but we tend to slip on the weekends. I plan meals pretty carefully during the week but we are out and about on the weekends and it is easier to dine out. I have a hard time making good choices in restaurants. I have still managed to lose a few pounds (just started this a few weeks ago) and I think it is because I am more active and still eating better overall than I was before I started. I know it is a mental block...more than anything I probably just need a swift kick in the butt. Stop crying and start doing but I was just wondering if anybody else had this probem and how you changed your mindset for success.

Replies

• lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    What are your goals with using MFP? I'd assume to lose weight. If you're not honest w/ the logging then you have will only have a general idea what kind of calories you ate on those 3 days. By logging, the good and bad, you'll keep yourself on track better.

I've done it in the past -- don't log the popcorn and snacks and other junk for a few days because i want to be below calories.

MFP is a tool for YOU to use to help yourself. No one but you (and maybe your nutritionist) cares about the final numbers other than to give you a "great job!" at the end of the day.

So keep on logging :)
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    double post, whoops