SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

Options
‎-- Most of us wait until January 1st of each new year to begin our resolutions. Most of us fail within a matter of days/weeks because of that. So, what we should all do, is begin a little earlier. Implant the idea of the resolution in your head NOW and begin as soon as tomorrow morning. Take baby steps until you can crawl and then can walk and then RUN with your new resolution. It takes time. From now until January 1st you have enough time to make your resolution turn into a habit and not make it seem like a chore. No one said it was going to be easy.

Just thought ill post and share my thoughts on this.. :) xx Have a great DAY or NIGHT where ever you are! xx

Replies

• anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post. It is soo true though, everyone waits till Jan 1st, why wait start now!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    It's sad really, but since November 1st roughly 90% of my weight loss conversations go like this: Them: "Wow, you're doing great! I really need to start dieting." ME: "I don't make it hard on myself. I started the last week in July and have lost 21.5 pounds to date. I just try to get my water in, watch my calories and go for a couple walks per day, not long ones." THEM:"Yeah, I will do it after Jan 1st. I just CAN'T lose weight over the holidays":huh:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    It's really funny @ my gym @ the beginning of each year there's a resolution rush it becomes so packed in the gym it's frustrating. Then around 3 months later it becomes empty again. People give up I guess!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I never make resolutions anyways
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My resolution is the same every year (since I had my son at lest) I will be as good a mom as i can.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Actually, I started 6 months ago, pretty much exactly mid summer.

I have a 1yr plan that'll take me til next summer. I encouraged friends to do so also. Either way, I'm 5+ months ahead of them, and that much closer to my new goal.

:)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Why put off until tomorrow, what you can do TODAY??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I used to wait until Jan 1 - New Year's Resolution to start anything. Then gave up...and totally regretted it by the time summer & swimsuit season was here. :noway: :noway: :noway: