Bally's is now LA Fitness good or bad change?

Options
2»

Replies

• maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Shopping a gym membership is a pain, I wish gyms would just put their prices on the website. Although I'm sure the membership consultation is a good thing for a lot of people, I would prefer to just see the price and then decide if I would like a tour.

That is so true. There is a gym literally next door to me (Fitness 19) and when I stopped in one day just to get a brochere and check out their prices, I was forced into a little tour (with my dog in tow, since we were on a walk) and then a sit-down in the office, where the owner told me that I could only get this special introductory price if I signed up that very day. I told him I didn't appreciate the high-pressure sales pitch and the one-day "sale" that I could only have on this day that I just randomly decided to stop in. I said I was collecting information about gyms so that I could make an informed decision and that I wasn't ready to make a choice yet. His response was just more sales pitch.

Really annoying and naturally I didn't sign up and never went back.

What do gyms have against simple pricing information and standard rates??
  • Jbugs26
    Options
    I just joined LA Fitness this month. I mainly choose it because it's close to home and is only $29.99 a month. I really like it. I go around 7-8pm at night and it's not to busy and weekend afternoons are crazy busy either. I do go once at 6:30pm (the Monday after Thanksgiving) WHAT A ZOO! I will be avoiding the gym on the Monday after x-mas. To many people trying to work off their guilt.
    I have noticed it is busier around 5-6pm when people get off work. The facility is nice too. I did however see a child in the pool( which is for laps) Saturday. I don't know what their policy is, but I found it kind of annoying that a 10 year was taking up an entire lane so he could play with noodles.