Polar F6 question

Options
When I am running, the heartrate goes blank - could it be that my rate is too high and it wouldn't register. I only run in 1 - 2 minute spurts but several times now it goes blank. If it doesn't register I am assuming that I'm not getting credit for that hard work either.:noway:

???????

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    When I am running, the heartrate goes blank - could it be that my rate is too high and it wouldn't register. I only run in 1 - 2 minute spurts but several times now it goes blank. If it doesn't register I am assuming that I'm not getting credit for that hard work either.:noway:

???????
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

???????

Let's hope it's not your HR! I had a similar problem-very frustrating! my leads were wet, but the strap wasn't tight enough around me. Problem was fixed!:happy:
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last comment. It may be the strap.
    Or maybe your HR is fluctuating every time you look at it.
    Also try to keep your HRM on for a little bit after your work out. Dont forget it takes awhile for your HR to go down. I usually keep mine on and go for a quick sauna.

Good luck!! :drinker:
    p.s. maybe look over you warranty?
  • lolakey
    Options
    I agree ... I've had that problem and I adjust the strap and problem fixed.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    It's actually during exercise that the heart rate goes blank - I'll try tightening if that doesn't work I'll check the warranty - it's only 2 weeks old.
  • sblades
    Options
    also - make sure your electrodes are wet. I have been known to lick them before I put mine on if I'm in a hurry :indifferent: , but a wet kleenex will do.
    make sure it's not shifting, and once i had my strap too tight so the band rolled up and flipped so the electrodes were not in contact with my skin. try all that - then you can also try to hard reset the watch... there is instructions on that in the manual.