No appetite...

rsmclaurin
rsmclaurin Posts: 77
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I just found out that my boyfriend of 4 years cheated on me :cry: . I feel like crap... I cant stop crying, my stomach is all achy, I dont want to eat or drink anything to make that worse... and I honestly dont feel hungry or anything. I just cant make myself force down any food... it's been 16 hours since I last ate.. and my last meal was a Turkey mini sub from Subway - which consisted of a whole 200 calories. Ahhh I dont know what to do...........:frown:

Replies

• I just found out that my boyfriend of 4 years cheated on me :cry: . I feel like crap... I cant stop crying, my stomach is all achy, I dont want to eat or drink anything to make that worse... and I honestly dont feel hungry or anything. I just cant make myself force down any food... it's been 16 hours since I last ate.. and my last meal was a Turkey mini sub from Subway - which consisted of a whole 200 calories. Ahhh I dont know what to do...........:frown:
  • :wink:
    You need to realize that he's screwed up the best thing in his life and it's his loss, not yours.
    Don't overeat to make yourself feel better cause it won't help. You'll eat when you're ready. Just realize how wonderful you are and remember you are so worth having someone who loves you and treats you they way you should be treated - like a queen! Don't ever settle for less.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Sorry to hear about your situation. On the bright side this happened now, before marriage and kids became part of the equation.

Things happen for a reason, you have your whole life ahead of you and I am sure you will find someone better!
  • Girl thats horrible, im so sorry to hear that. I know it hurts. Just make yourself nibble today dont get sick on his account. He apparantley wasnt thinking with his brain...lol on what he is going to lose. U show him you got it going on girl......keep on truckin. Maybe things can be worked out if you both are willing and its hard to regain trust overnight. I hope you have a better day pls dont let him get you off track i know you can be strong.......leave it in Gods hands if you really want to work things out.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: I'm sorry Becca!:cry::brokenheart: Big Hugs!!!

Maybe don't worry so much about food right now as some suggested...perhaps try to make sure you get some fluids in though so you don't get dehyrated. As someone shared you'll eat when your body is ready. We all deal with distress in various ways.

Just try and take extra good care of yourself right now and realize we're around when you need us.

I know this sort of thing can hurt terribly...I'm so sorry you're having to go through it Hon:noway:

FC:heart:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I just found out that my boyfriend of 4 years cheated on me :cry: . I feel like crap... I cant stop crying, my stomach is all achy, I dont want to eat or drink anything to make that worse... and I honestly dont feel hungry or anything. I just cant make myself force down any food... it's been 16 hours since I last ate.. and my last meal was a Turkey mini sub from Subway - which consisted of a whole 200 calories. Ahhh I dont know what to do...........:frown:

Concentrate on yourself ..your worth it! Take a walk,grab lunch with a friend..dont force yourself to eat just snack a little until you feel better. You will eat again I think may of us girls have been where you are but after 48hrs things slowly return to normal and your outlook becomes different.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    rsmclaurin,

I'm so sorry to hear that. You must be hurting really bad. And after Valentine's Day weekend and all. You must be extremely heartbroken. Yeah, it must be hard to keep food down because your insides are so sensitive right now because you've been hurt to the core.

You have every right to feel what you feel. Every feeling of shock, anger, sadness,confusion. You have every right to feel whatever you feel. Those are your feelings and they are validated.

Are you drinking water? Drink at least if you don't feel like eating. Try to drink and stay hydrated. If regular food is just too heavy for you right now. Try some light soups, consumme, jello. Anything to try.

I know right now, the last thing you want to do is to take good care of yourself. I understand that. I remember what it was like those times with exboyfriends over breakups. And this types of times is when it's most important to take care of your body so that it can take good care of you during these crisis.

I pm'd you the name of a book that really helped me in the past. Take good care. I'm glad you turned to us for help. We are all here for you.

Heal4444
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Oh dear, I am sorry. I know how you feel.

I am just gonna guess that the lack of appetite and aching is probably stress and maybe a smidge of depression. I always get that way when I am really down or stressed out (or I swing the other way and eat everything in site).

I can't really say anything to make it better.
    I hope you heal though.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Maybe try drinking some SlimFast or Ensure nutritional shakes until you get your appetite back, darling. Even the kids Pediasure would help with some nutrients and calories. Try to get some fluids in. I'm so sorry dear. :brokenheart: You will recover from this, but give yourself a little time to hurt. It's natural.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I went through the no appetite thing when my first husband told me he wanted out of the marriage.

My counsellor told me that your body needs three things to handle the stress, good food, sleep and exercise. I know at this time all those are far from your mind. Maybe what you can do is have something small but nutritious to eat. Don't do hard exercise but a walk or something like that can help you keep focus. And the sleep? well try to get what you can.

I am so sorry you are going through a hard time. Eventually you will find that all things happen for a reason. Right now, just look after yourself and you will feel better each and every day
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I went through the no appetite thing when my first husband told me he wanted out of the marriage.

My counsellor told me that your body needs three things to handle the stress, good food, sleep and exercise. I know at this time all those are far from your mind. Maybe what you can do is have something small but nutritious to eat. Don't do hard exercise but a walk or something like that can help you keep focus. And the sleep? well try to get what you can.

I am so sorry you are going through a hard time. Eventually you will find that all things happen for a reason. Right now, just look after yourself and you will feel better each and every day
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Maybe Ensure full of vitamins or like a slim fast shake - it would at least give you some nutrients or vitamin water - give you a few calories and some vitamins....you definitely need fluids..

Sorry to hear what happened - I agree with havingit all - be sure you are sleeping, maybe some kickboxing could be therapeutic...

:heart:
  • I just went through the same thing recently. Just remember to keep your head up high and know that you are more amazing than you can imagine and everything will work out! It may not be what you think should be happening, but in the endyou acn look back and see how much better you are because of it!

Keep your chin up, and know that we are all here for you!

I also agree with chrissyh; kickboxing CAN be VERY therapeutic!!!
This discussion has been closed.