Question about floppy bellies and spanx

Options
I have read on this topic here on MFP that for those of us with floppy bellies and chests, it helps to wear compression undergarments like spanx while working out (especially doing jumps etc). Does it also mean you are better off wearing it all through the day. Do you wear them all day to aid in sagging skin and or promote weight loss?

Replies

• Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to hear answers...I'm also curious about it.
  • jewels68
    Options
    After I had weightloss surgery, I wear them during the day to hold the loose skin in. I've never thought about wearing them to work out.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of wearing them while working out. Seems to me it would be really constrictive... I wear them to fit into that dress that might be a little too snug without it, but that's it!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The only reason to wear them is for comfort or appearance. They aren't going to do anything special that not wearing them doesn't do. In fact, if you wear constricting garments too much, you can get something called "tight pants syndrome" where you have unexplained pains in the gastro-intestinal area.

For working out, if my flopping belly is going to get in the way (and it does when bike riding in particular), I will wear compression garments, but I wear ones made for working out. I have found that garments like Spanx don't breath enough to be comfortable when working out.

I use UnderArmour mostly as they make some nice stuff that isn't as pricey as some other brands.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you have lost enough weight and the extra jiggle and wiggle gets in the way, or is painful...do what you gotta do. A LIGHT support garment should be fine, but I wouldn't suggest a full on girdle type thing.