I want to be the Biggest Loser Tucson!

Options
Since joining MFP in September of 2010, I have shed a LOT of weight and completely changed my life.

I didn't have access to any expensive diet programs or a personal trainer or any other pricey tricks - I just put in a lot of hard work.

My local news station is holding a contest for Biggest Loser Tucson and I am one of 13 entrants. Winning this would mean that I would have access to a personal trainer for the first time ever and it would be a huge blessing to me to be able to win this.

If you want to know why I feel like I deserve to win, I am going to share my story. It's REALLY long, but I hope you take the time to read it anyway...

In September of 2010, I was more than 100 pounds overweight and had been obese for about 6 years. I was only 26 but I felt closer to 50. I was tired all of the time. My feet were always swollen and my joints ached. I was seriously depressed.

I had approximately 56% Body Fat and wore 24W pants, XXL shirts, and 20W dresses.

I probably would have continued exactly the same way, but I went to the doctor for my depression and she recommended that I do a little exercise to release some endorphins.

I figured that, if I had to exercise to get my mind healthy, I might as well go all out and get the rest of me healthy, too.

So I decided to change my life…

I dumped the junk from my house.

I stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins, healthy fats, whole grains, and other nutritious foods.

I stopped chugging lemonade and starts drinking water instead.

I learned to practice portion control.

And I got my body moving.

At first, it was tough. I was in such terrible shape that all I could manage was a walk around my neighborhood and, quite honestly, the junk food was a bit of an addiction. It was hard to give up, but when I was tempted, I reminded myself of this:

"EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE ABOUT WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY AND HOW YOU WILL MOVE YOUR BODY WILL EITHER PUT YOU ONE STEP CLOSER TO GOOD HEALTH OR ONE STEP FURTHER AWAY."

So I made the right choices, whether I felt like it or not.

Gradually, things got easier. I started learning (and, surprisingly, enjoying) new recipes and finding ways to cook old favorites to make them healthier.
I increased my endurance and speed when walking. I added some new exercises.

And my body started to change.

At first, it wasn't that noticeable. I am quite tall (5'10"), which means it takes a bit more for weight gain or loss to show. Still, things did start changing.

My feet stopped swelling. My double chin started shrinking. I noticed that it was more comfortable to fit into the auditorium seats at church. There was a bit more room between my belly and the steering wheel. It was easier to tie my shoes.

I was consistent and more changes happened.
Collarbones appeared. I got out of the Plus Sized section at the store. I didn't struggle as much to keep up during fitness classes. I had more energy.

I kept going, kept focusing on getting healthy, getting fit, and setting a good example for my family.

As of today, I am a completely different person. I've shed about 125 pounds and around 90 inches from all over my body.
I now have a little over 23% body fat, wear a Size 8 in pants, 6 in skirts, 4 or 6 in dresses, and Small (and sometimes Extra Small) shirts.

I am so glad that I made the decision to change the way I live my life, to replace my unhealthy habits (laziness and gluttony) with regular exercise and proper nutrition (in healthy portions). I love exercise. I love eating healthy foods and making nutritious meals for my family and friends. I am fit and healthy and have a ton of energy.

In losing weight, I have also gained some things: good health, confidence, and the knowledge that I am setting a positive example for my family and friends.

I never imagined that I would be an inspiration, but people tell me nearly every day that my story is inspiring. Even though I’ve met my weight loss goals, I don’t feel like I am done. I want to set and accomplish new fitness goals, and I feel like the prize for this contest would enable me to do that so that I can keep getting stronger and can continually work towards living my life in a way that can inspire and encourage others.

then-1-1.jpg

wow.jpg

Here is the link to vote for me (I'm the first entrant, Cory Ayers):
http://kvoa.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?PageType=VOTING&contestid=40316

**You can vote once each day from now through Thursday (December 8th). Registration takes about 2 minutes and then it's just a simple click to vote.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I've voted and am cheering you on, Cory!!! :drinker:
  • nighthawke
    nighthawke Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That link didn't work for me.

Good luck though!!
  • nighthawke
    nighthawke Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No, wait, just figured it out, and voted. Good luck again!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No, wait, just figured it out, and voted. Good luck again!
    Thank you!!!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You've done amazing xx
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Everytime some one does NOT vote for Cory..a kitten cries...

Vote for Cory: Save the Kittens!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So proud for you!!!! VOTING DAILY FOR YA!
  • MereMe
    Options

lol.... but true - very true!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Already voted...bump so that other might get the chance to read and vote!!
  • CoryIda
    Options

cute-sad-kitten06.jpg
    You know you don't want to make the kittens sad!
  • MereMe
    Options
    Everyone: also: make sure you bump this thresad until the 8th so that it will stay on the boards and others will see it!
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Come on people!! VOTE!!! That kitty is too cute not to. DO IT!!!
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OOPS Double post
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have been voting for you since Friday! Hope you win, you deserve this!
  • MereMe
    Options
    It's neck and neck, peeps! Post her link on your wall and let's get all of own mfps to get her WAY ahead today!
  • CoryIda
    Options
    regained my lead by a whopping 3 votes (I was leading by 70 yesterday!)

I have the best MFPals in the world!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I live in Tucson too!!
    Totally voting for you! Good luck :)
  • CoryIda
    Options
    I live in Tucson too!!
    Totally voting for you! Good luck :)
    Thank you!
    I lost my lead again. :(
  • MereMe
    Options
    HERE'S SOME MOTIVATION TO VOTE!

COMMENT ON THIS THREAD - AT LEAST BUMP IT - AND I WILL DRAW A WINNER FOR $10 GIFT CERTIFICATE for Premier Designs Jewelry. OF COURSE, you should also go to the link and VOTE in fairness! Each day that you comment on this thread will be an entry!

Winner to be drawn at 12:01am on 12/9/11 and will be posted! I will mail a mini catalog out and you can use the certificate on anything you want! HELP CoryIda WIN!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The link isn't working for me! :( Any tips?