Lean Cuisine!

Options
2»

Replies

• WolfieCougar
    WolfieCougar Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My recommendations are definitely Southwestern Chicken Panini and Lemon Chicken (with rice)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that they're overpriced, processed crap that doesn't taste very good.

That said, if you like them and they fit into your diet, have at it.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    lean quisine....check the sodium level...check for ingredients that you have no clue what they are....they sure are convenient but they arent really that great as fuel for your body...having one now and then is probably ok but I wouldnt eat them every day

Yeah, I hate to be such a downer - and if you're happy/it's working then I'm happy for you - but this isn't really REAL food. Sure they won't hurt once and awhile, and they are super convenient. I used to eat them all the time several years ago. With all due respect to individuals doing their own thing, these aren't great fuel and aren't giving your body what it needs.

As an alternative, perhaps consider making something in bulk at home on the weekend, and then taking it to work throughout the week? My personal philosophy is that if it doesn't have a mother or come from the ground, I don't want to eat it. Real food leaves me fuller, more satisfied, and provides me with more energy.

Again - I mean all respect :)
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love the 5 cheese rigotini and the tortilla crusted fish... yummmmy!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them everyday of the week while at work for lunch. I've been cutting back to a few times a week, they do have a lot of sodium. I try to take leftovers but if I don't have any then they are better than the fried foods they serve in the cafeteria.
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I always eat a lean cuisine( favorite BBQ recipe Chicken Pizza-Wood Fire Style)
    at work for lunch. fast easy and delicious. I also eat Healthy Choices-(favorite- tangy chicken BBQ with apple crisp dessert )and Eating Right ((Safeway brand)favorite pineapple black bean chicken). Then for dinner I make something at home and try to use whole foods.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My husband eats stouffers or lean cuisine every day. Remember to open up the box, then go to their website and log in the code. He's had so many free gift cards!! yay!
  • cheree1965
    Options
    I LOST 11OLBS ON THEM , YOGURT FOR BREAKFAST, SMARTONES AND CKN AND SALAD AT NIGHT WITH SALSA.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan, though I've had them a couple times. Overall, I just think they are really bland and boring, too small to fill me up and not worth the cost. Like someone else said, I'm always just hungry again ...
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i have eaten a lot of these during my diet and maintenance phase. they are good; sometimes surprisingly so. however, they can be dressed up significantly with the correct spices / low cal sauces.

i find most of the Italian dishes benefit greatly from garlic powder / oregano. i tend to salt them, as well, although that's optional.

there are many spices that turn a lean cuisine into something closer to a full calorie dish. LC and smart ones have definitely helped me to control calories and portions.
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    chicken parm!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like the various pizza types. I usually keep a few in the freezer for those weeknight pizza cravings. On weekends if I want it bad enough I have the high test stuff:)
  • kimeister
    Options
    Yeah, I hate to be such a downer - and if you're happy/it's working then I'm happy for you - but this isn't really REAL food. Sure they won't hurt once and awhile, and they are super convenient. I used to eat them all the time several years ago. With all due respect to individuals doing their own thing, these aren't great fuel and aren't giving your body what it needs.

What she said. If there's any doubt, just read the ingredient list on any of these meals. I'll never forget the day my co-worker read the ingredient list for her Swedish Meatballs only to discover the meatballs are made with anchovy "filler" and Lean Cuisine pasta is listed as "blanched pasta product".

If time is an issue, try cooking a batch of food on the weekend (or whenever it's convenient) and portioning it to containers you leave in the freezer. Healthy, real food that's far cheaper than Lean Cuisine, and that is good for you. You can't beat it!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

As an alternative, perhaps consider making something in bulk at home on the weekend, and then taking it to work throughout the week? My personal philosophy is that if it doesn't have a mother or come from the ground, I don't want to eat it. Real food leaves me fuller, more satisfied, and provides me with more energy.

Again - I mean all respect :)

I used to eat them all the time too. Then I slowly began reading more and more about ingredient labels and what's really in processed foods. I weaned myself off all Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice, etc. The only frozen meals I eat now (about once a week) are Amy's, Trader Joe's, and occasionally Kashi, all of which are actual food.

After about six months of no Lean Cuisine, I was lunchless at work and a coworker offered me one of my old favorites. It tasted like cardboard. Seriously awful. I couldn't finish more than two bites -- and I was HUNGRY.

I believe your taste buds get accustomed to whatever you eat. When my diet was mostly fake food . . . fruits, vegetables, beans and toothy (whole wheat) grains tasted too strong and I didn't like them. Now that I've gotten rid of fake food, all the real stuff tastes delicious and the occasional forays into fake taste like crap.