Sugar Question

Options
I ate four small strawberries and a medium banana with breakfast today and only have two grams or whatever of sugar left for the entire day. I usually eat an apple for an afternoon snack, which definitely will put me over my sugar limit. How bad is the sugar from fruit? How bad is it to go over the sugar limit when eating fruit? Will this eventually cause me to gain weight? I really love fruit.

Replies

• hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I ate four small strawberries and a medium banana with breakfast today and only have two grams or whatever of sugar left for the entire day. I usually eat an apple for an afternoon snack, which definitely will put me over my sugar limit. How bad is the sugar from fruit? How bad is it to go over the sugar limit when eating fruit? Will this eventually cause me to gain weight? I really love fruit.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I always go over on my sugars. I look back at my foods every day and as long as the sugars are coming from fruit or other natural foods, I don't sweat it. Just my opinion.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about natural sugars in food unless you have diabetes. I would just worry about added sugar. What you really want to look at overall is everything else you are eating. You want to include a good ratio of nutrients, complex carbs, protein, healthy fats...don't forget the fiber. Eat your veggies, drink your water...And anything in excess will cause you to gain weight, so if you are staying within your calorie limit you should not gain weight. I hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I really like that this site includes sugar because most people have no idea how much sugar they're actually getting. I've lost enough family members to diabetes to know that everyone should be eating like a diabetic (very little sugar) so as not to become one. Sugar from fruit is much better than processed sugar, but even that should be limited.
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    I really like that this site includes sugar because most people have no idea how much sugar they're actually getting. I've lost enough family members to diabetes to know that everyone should be eating like a diabetic (very little sugar) so as not to become one. Sugar from fruit is much better than processed sugar, but even that should be limited.