"0 Point" Veggie Soup

Options
When I was doing Weight Watchers there was a Veggie soup that had 0 pts. But I have misplaced the recipe. Does anyone have it?

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    When I was doing Weight Watchers there was a Veggie soup that had 0 pts. But I have misplaced the recipe. Does anyone have it?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.recipezaar.com/Ww-0-Point-Favorite-Vegetable-Soup-137014

Google is your friend. . .here you go.:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I think it's called WW Garden Vegetable soup I found it by searching on google one day
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I think it's called WW Garden Vegetable soup I found it by searching on google one day

That sounds familiar. Thanks, I'll look it up.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    OK, so I think I found it. Here it is for everyone's info:

WEIGHT WATCHERS ZERO POINTS GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP
    Hands-on time: 20 minutes
    Time to table: 1 1/4 hour
    Makes 9 cups

6 cups broth (today I used Light Vegetable Stock)

Cooking spray
    2 carrots, peeled and diced
    1 large onion, diced
    4 teaspoons garlic (from a jar or substitute four cloves minced garlic)
    1/2 cabbage, chopped (or use a bag of slaw, the biggest chunks you can find vs the fine, don't skip the cabbage for it somehow makes the soup)
    1/2 pound frozen green beans
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 large zucchini, diced

Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave. (This is a time-saving tip that can be skipped if there's no hurry.)

Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
    Per Cup: 61 Cal (3% from Fat, 24% from Protein, 73% from Carb); 4 g Protein; 0 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 13 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; NetCarb10; NetCarb10; 52 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 701 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers ... hmmm ... 1 point

NUTRITION NOTES This soup is low-cal, low-carb, high-fiber and no-fat. But hmmm. What about the claim that it has no points in the Weight Watchers world? I suppose so, since all the ingredients are "free". But honestly, a calorie's a calorie and so I count every one of them whether from chocolate cake or fresh vegetables. In my book, this Garden Vegetable Soup counts as 1 point but is a definite one-point winner.

KITCHEN NOTES
    Zero point soups aren't hard to make without following a recipe. They're just a pile of non-starchy vegetables cooked in 6 cups of a non-fat broth. It's even easy to convert one-point soups to zero-point soups.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Here are 3 more zero point soups:

Plum Tomato Cabbage Soup

(1/5th recipe: 36 calories/ 0g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 7.5g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 5g sugars/ 1.5g protein = 0 Points!)

Ingredients:

6 plum tomatoes; chopped

4 cups fat-free vegetable broth

2 cups chopped green cabbage

*Optional ingredients: salt, pepper, SPLENDA, FRANK'S RedHot, TABASCO Pepper Sauce (Garlic or original), garlic salt

Directions:

In a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray, place chopped tomatoes along with any juice and seeds. Cook over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and cabbage, and raise heat to high. Once soup reaches a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Allow soup to simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and any of the other optional ingredients. Enjoy! Makes 5 generous 1-cup servings.

Be creative… Adding an ounce of raisins or a package of (drained, rinsed, & cut) Tofu Shirataki noodles to the recipe only bumps it up to 1 Point! Mmmmmm…

1/5th recipe with raisins: 53 calories/ 0g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 12g carbs/ 2g fiber/ 8g sugars/ 1.75g protein = 1 Point

1/5th recipe with noodles: 44 calories/ 0.4g fat/ 485mg sodium/ 9g carbs/ 3g fiber/ 5g sugars/ 2g protein = 1 Point
    Chinese Shoestring Soup

(1/4th recipe: 32 calories/ 0g fat/ 515mg sodium/ 5.5g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 3g sugars/ 2.5g protein = 0 Points!)

Ingredients:

4 cups fat-free broth; vegetable, chicken, or beef

3 medium-sized scallions

1 small carrot

1 small zucchini

1/2 medium-sized red pepper

1 tsp. light/ low-sodium soy sauce

*Optional: 4 lemon wedges

Directions:

Begin by cutting all veggies (scallions included) into matchstick-sized strips (use a vegetable shredder if you have one!). In a large pot, combine all ingredients except for the scallions (and lemon wedges). Bring to a boil. Once soup has reached a boil, reduce to medium heat (a low boil) and add scallions. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until veggies are limp. If desired, serve with lemon wedges for a citrus-y touch. Makes four 1-cup servings.

Be creative… At just 1 Point a serving, turn this into Shoestring Egg Flower Soup! To do so, pour 2 large egg whites into a container with a spout (like a measuring cup). Once soup has cooked for 5 minutes at medium heat, remove from heat and VERY slowly pour in egg whites while VERY quickly stirring in one direction. The result will be gorgeous bursts of egg bits in your yummy shoestring soup!

1/4th recipe with egg whites: 41 calories/ 0g fat/ 545mg sodium/ 6g carbs/ 1.5g fiber/ 3g sugars/ 4g protein = 1 Point
    Pumpkinlicious Veggie Soup

(1/5th recipe: 35 calories/ 0g fat/ 400mg sodium/ 6.5g carbs/ 2g fiber/ 3.5g sugars/ 2g protein = 0 Points!)

Ingredients:

4 cups fat-free broth; vegetable or chicken

1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin

1 small zucchini

1 1/2 cups chopped celery

1 medium-sized red pepper

*Optional: salt and pepper; to taste

Directions:

Cut pepper and zucchini into large chunks. In a large pot, stir to combine broth and pumpkin. Add celery and cook on high heat. After a few minutes (once soup is hot but not yet boiling), add zucchini and peppers. Once soup has reached a boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper, if desired, and dig in! Makes five 1-cup servings.

Be creative… Toss in a half of a cup each of canned corn kernels and black beans for the last few minutes of cooking. With the addition of these Southwest-inspired ingredients, each serving is just 1 Point!

1/5th recipe with corn and black beans: 71 calories/ 0.5g fat/ 480mg sodium/ 14g carbs/ 3.5g fiber/ 4g sugars/ 4g protein = 1 Point
  • jjcunningham85
    Options
    If you're in a rush, Progresso makes a 0 point veggie soup in a can

It says 0 points right on the front. Some of them are 1 point.

The Progresso Lights, and Campbell Light soups are really good. A whole can is only 100-140 calories and with a dash of salt they are quite delicious and pretty filling.

If I've had a bad calorie day or if I'm in a low calorie drive these soups do the trick. Plus it's so easy.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!