If you've done a JM workout DVD..

Options
I've completed Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred & I'm about to complete Ripped in 30 as well so I'm ready for something else....

Now I LOVE her workouts so I've been looking into some of her other DVD's and I think I'm going to get her "Killer Buns & Thighs" DVD and her "6 week Six-Pack" DVD. Now I'm just wondering for those of you who did these DVD's what you thought?! My legs & abs are definitely my trouble zone so that's why I'm thinking of purchasing these DVDs.. ALTHOUGH I would like to continue to sculpt my arms so I was wondering if there were any arm exercises in either of these DVD's?!

So my questions for those who have done either of these workouts.. Did you like them?! Did you see good results?! Were there some arm exercises?! And would you recommend these others?!

Jillian is actually releasing another DVD tomorrow called "Extreme Shed & Shred" which I'm thinking about getting.. so if anyone loves Jillian Michael's workouts.. just thought I'd let you know!! :)

Thanks!

Replies

• sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I didn't really care for the six week six pack. I really liked when I alternated between the "Banish fat, boost metabolism" and "No more trouble zones." I can't wait for my knee to be completely better because I want to try the killer legs one.
  • amanda07425
    amanda07425 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    opinions.....
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I did 6 w 6 p and found it very usefull, lost a few inches round my inches in just a matter of a few months a lot due to this dvd.
    Im doing Killer buns right now and I like the results. If you still want to work your arms, mabye combine Killer buns with No more trouble zones? Do you want to lose fat or sculpt and define? Didnt really get that.
  • amanda07425
    Options
    I did 6 w 6 p and found it very usefull, lost a few inches round my inches in just a matter of a few months a lot due to this dvd.
    Im doing Killer buns right now and I like the results. If you still want to work your arms, mabye combine Killer buns with No more trouble zones? Do you want to lose fat or sculpt and define? Didnt really get that.

Sorry, I do want to lose fat and then sculpt.. I still have about 15lbs more to lose to meet my goal so i'm trying to lose some fat & weight while toning my body. :)

thanks for your help!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Ok, well as long as you stay on a calorie deficit you wont gain weight even if you strengthtrain lots and lots.
    The thing with Jillians dvds are that if you only do one at a time for 3 weeks or more you can get bored pretty quick,
    but the upside is you will se results in the area that the dvd is focused on. So its up to you if you want an overall change,
    then combine some of her dvds. Or then focus on one area at a time for as long as you can master,then move on.

If you have any more questions, feel free to inbox. me. :)
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the 30 Day Shred in January. I am just curious, did you lose more pounds or inches doing this program? I am 5'5 and currently weight 120lbs. I really need to tone up my thighs and butt. If you wouldn't mind posting your status I'm just curious.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Damn. I was hoping there would be some mass tort litigation for her being sadistic and hurting people. :(

Oh well! :)
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    I am going to start the 30 Day Shred in January. I am just curious, did you lose more pounds or inches doing this program? I am 5'5 and currently weight 120lbs. I really need to tone up my thighs and butt. If you wouldn't mind posting your status I'm just curious.

I lost about three inches off each thigh. I lost more inches but I still lost about 3 pounds. Please be aware... It is Soooo much harder than I expected.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    after 30 day shred I want to get her no trouble zones. I don't really know what all she has, but the 30 day shred, ripped in 30, and no trouble zones are the 3 I want to do for sure. I won't do the ripped in 30 days till I'm further alone in my journey though.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    after 30 day shred I want to get her no trouble zones. I don't really know what all she has, but the 30 day shred, ripped in 30, and no trouble zones are the 3 I want to do for sure. I won't do the ripped in 30 days till I'm further alone in my journey though.

I hear her killer buns and thighs and yoga workouts are no joke. And they are only like 7 bucks.
  • ajcrane
    ajcrane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started JM 30 day shred yesterday and so far so good....I will update after I've been doing it for a couple of weeks.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I hear her killer buns and thighs and yoga workouts are no joke. And they are only like 7 bucks.

I love that she really pushes us, so I'm gonna have to get these :D I really would like some good buns and thigh workouts. So I think I'll be checking that out as well. Yoga I'm still unsure of lol. I wanna add it but at the same time I think I need to work it more to be more flexible.
  • heamadr
    Options
    I've use the 6pin 6wks before my wedding, and it did work. I started in january and by April I was down to the size I wanted to be. i took longer b/c of work,school and planning the wedding, but worked. I need to start it back.. I need to get back to pre-wedding size..
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I got 6w6p a week ago and I've done it for six days with one day off. I measured this morning and I lost an inch off my waist. That is huge for me b/c I'm an apple shape and the last ten pounds I want to lose are all sitting in my belly area. My belly fat is extremely stubborn and I was really surprised to see an inch lower on the tape.

And I like the workout too but I like most of her stuff. Ripped in 30 has been my least favorite but I have 30 DS, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat, Killer Buns and Thighs and I love all of those.

I just saw that you are asking about Killer Buns and Thighs too. I got that a week ago also and I've done it 5 times. I also lost an inch in my thighs this week and I haven't lost anything in my thighs in a while.

I also run too in addition to dvds.

I'm very happy with both of these dvds.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options

Yoga Meltdown is sooooo hard. I think I would cry if I had to do it every day, lol.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the No More Trouble Zones. It's really similar to 30 Day Shred, but it's 40 minutes long and the exercises are all different than the ones in 30DS if I remember correclty. It's been a while since I've done it.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just started Killer, Buns and Thighs a couple of weeks ago. I'm only on Level 1 but, I really love the workout... it's 40 mins and I burn about 600 calories each time I do it. It's challenging but, doable. You will definitely feel it the next day!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am only halfway through 30DS but I am officially in love with Jillian. I've asked for 2 or 3 of her other DVDs for Christmas (along with some bigger weights) and I'm thinking I will have a stalker-worthy collection of her workouts within a couple of months. LOL
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You didn't ask about this one but since others have mentioned it, just wanted to chime in on the chorus saying No More Trouble Zones is a good workout. Just happened to have done this workout today after not doing it for month and it kicked my booty! Takes a bit more time than the others BUT a definite plus is that the DVD menu gives you the option to pick from the list of circuits so if you only have a little bit of time, you can still do a circuit or two instead of missing out altogether.
  • amanda07425
    Options

I lost more inches than lbs. Goodluck! It's a great workout!!