Over board

Options
I hope I didn't go overboard for Valentines day. We have had recent problems and wanted to make it special. I gave her 2 dozen roses a new i pod for the gym, I took her to a very nice resturant that we had never been to and made a cd for the ride there with some romantic songs i downloaded off the internet. She said she was suprised but I think I caught her off gaurd.

Replies

• walter
    Options
    I hope I didn't go overboard for Valentines day. We have had recent problems and wanted to make it special. I gave her 2 dozen roses a new i pod for the gym, I took her to a very nice resturant that we had never been to and made a cd for the ride there with some romantic songs i downloaded off the internet. She said she was suprised but I think I caught her off gaurd.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Over board is such a relative term. It sounds like you planned a very thoughtful, romantic night for her. I know the best gifts that I get from my hubby are not the ones that come from the heart.

Did she have a good time?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Walter: You did something VERY unselfish and romantic, if there were more men like you, us women would have nothing to complain about :flowerforyou:
  • walter
    Options
    It went great she had a good time, problably just me over thinking things.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    It's great that she had a good time and appreciated all your hard work. Just remember that you set the bar high for next year though :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Not overboard.
    Trying to show EMPHATICALLY that you want to mend the relationship.
    I think it's wonderful.
    I hope she appreciates it. I hope it came from your heart.
    Now keep up the communication. That is usually the breakdown in relationships.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I think it was very sweet and romantic. I think you did a great job.