Vitamin Help Please

Options
Happy Monday MFP! - So I am looking for a good multi vitamin, and I don’t have a clue where to start ( other then a woman’s one a-day ) I don’t mind taking different ones, I’m looking for something that is going to be a great well rounded vitamin that will boost my metabolism and or energy and I wouldn’t mind having something that’s helps with good hair, nails, skin. Any ideas MFP?

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Source Naturals Life Force Multiples for Women
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Vitamins don't boost metabolism but exercise will! That doesn't mean vitamins don't have benefits. Whatever you choose, make sure to take them it food and water so you can absorb both water and fat soluble vitamins.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like the Nature's Way Alive! for 50+. I think they have one that is for younger women, too.
    I also take Citracal Petites (for Calcicum and D3), E (for skin, moods, general health), and milk thistle (liver).
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    Flitnstone chewables! They were recomended by a nutitionest at John Hopkin's and University of MD hospital. :smile:
  • kit548emt
    Options
    Omega 3 Fish Oil helps with hair and nails and so does Biotin.
    Cinnamon caps helps with metabolism and so does Vitamin B.
    I also take a women's multi vitamin.
    Dr. recommended also taking Calcium and vitamin D on top of multi vitamin.

Edited:
    Almost forgot, I started taking Chromium Piconlinate it also helps with metabolism and sugar cravings. It helps me a lot with the sugar cravings.
  • Bomber989
    Options
    Shaklee's Vitalizer for Women is all natural and complete. They also have individual vitamins available for specific needs, i.e. hair and skin. I like that they are completely natural. Let me know if you want more info. Good Luck.
  • kit548emt
    Options
    A couple of other things I've read about are taking Beta Carotin, even if you eat carrots every day you're probably still not getting enough. And I was reading on a website the other day that if you are one of those people that wakes up in the middle of the night craving carbs to try drinking a tbsp of coconut oil in the evening, and it will help. It tastes pretty awful, I put it in a shot of milk but so far it's helped me. I've been doing it the last 3 nights. My roomate had that problem REALLY bad and it's helped her cut back.