Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
"quick add" calories.

I always assume it's booze!

Replies

• stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    haha, I add my booze. I usually use it when I search for something and the calories that come up are not what they should be (under or over), quicker then adding the recipe!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    LOL haha well I don't generally notice but for me, it's usually something like a marinade (like one you mix with oil, water and such, McCormicks..) I usually note it...but lately I've been lazy ;)
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I immediately revoke their friendship. Can't be tolerating any of this 'quick add' nonsense.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    ....I wish it was booze....
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    haha, I add my booze. I usually use it when I search for something and the calories that come up are not what they should be (under or over), quicker then adding the recipe!
    I add my booze too. I gots no shame.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This made me snort out loud for some reason...I've only done quick add one time, and I don't remember why, but I felt like it would be assumed that I had eaten something so horrible, like extra cheese pizza topped with high fat hamburger meat and a pile of salt with a side order of chocolate covered hot dogs.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I try to be fairly specific with booze. It's sort of like bragging. :laugh:

For me quick add is usually when I log something out of the database which I don't fully trust, and my gut feel tells me to quick-add a few more calories to keep the accounting fairly honest.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I always assume it's the at a friend's house or restaurant situation when you just don't know what all is in the food you are eating.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Soylent green.
    -wtk
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just always assume it's a restaurant not in the database. BUT now I will assume booze.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When MFP starts putting traditional Scandinavian delicacies in the database, I will stop quick-adding.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I've never assumed, but I've never used it, either....
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    When MFP starts putting traditional Scandinavian delicacies in the database, I will stop quick-adding.

Dear Tragedy of the Commons,

Why don't you do the work?

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Sweets like donuts/chocolate/cake...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I quick added a high-end estimate on things like the All U Can Eat Super Happy Terrific Family King Chinese Buffet, but now I just don't bother logging on days when I don't want to bother logging every last thing I eat.
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used it when I went over on cals the day before. I used the quick add calories facility on the following day's diary to allow for the calories I had gone over by the previous day.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I have a special section for booze. I take it seriously.

I don't really pay attention to that, when I use it its for things I am too lazy too search for but know about how many calories it is.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    When I use it, it's because I've eaten something with lots of ingredients that I don't want to build in to a recipe or list individually, usually at a restaurant, etc.

Sometimes I'll quick add 1000 calories when I have McDs at lunch.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Man juice.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I always just assume it's chocolate covered marzipan.

Why? Oh, no particular reason....:blushing: