Have the tools to excerise at home just to damn lazy

Options
Help. I have 26lbs to go and I have the tools at home to exercise, but as I arrive home I have to cook for my child, some time not all the time i have to help her with her home work. Or i'm just just not motivated to do what I have to do. The dvd in the basement stop working had to throw it away and just have not bought a new one. I go and look at the DVD and just feel the are to expensive. I just want to spend $50 or less I just need a dvd that play none of the other stuff.

Myabe when I stop using that as and excuse I may fine something else. Help!!!!

Replies

• zuleika
    Options
    Help. I have 26lbs to go and I have the tools at home to exercise, but as I arrive home I have to cook for my child, some time not all the time i have to help her with her home work. Or i'm just just not motivated to do what I have to do. The dvd in the basement stop working had to throw it away and just have not bought a new one. I go and look at the DVD and just feel the are to expensive. I just want to spend $50 or less I just need a dvd that play none of the other stuff.

Myabe when I stop using that as and excuse I may fine something else. Help!!!!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi zuleika

Sorry that you're having trouble with your motivation. It happens to all of us! Maybe you could check out a thrift store near you to see if they're selling a second hand DVD player?

Would working out in the morning fit into your schedule. I'm sure it's real tough being a single mom.

Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I find that it helps to have a schedule. If I decide that I am going to work out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week, it motivates me more to do it and look forward to an off day on Friday. If you leave it up to just how you feel once you get home from work, you most likely won't do it.

Also try making a little more time for yourself....prepare easier meals a few nights a week to buy time. Do you have a crockpot? I admit I don't use mine as much as I should, but when I do it's so nice to come home to dinner already cooked. Designate a soup and sandwhich night each week....no kid ever suffered from malnutrition from having a healthy soup and sandwhich one night a week and the time to prepare and clean up is minimal.

How old is your daughter? Is there part of her homework she could do on her own for a little bit until you are done with a workout? You can get a very decent workout in 30 minutes or under....have her work on easier stuff while you're working out, or take a stab at stuff she has troubles with and then check her progress once you are done. This will benefit you two ways, you'll get your workout done and she'll start learning how to attempt the harder stuff herself and get your help once she's given it a try.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Honey, the motivation has to come from WITHIN you. You can do this, but you gotta want it.

Forget the DVD. Make up your own routine, use your own music. Workout anyhow.

How old is your kiddo? Young enough that you can have a dance party in the kitchen while making dinner every night? Dancing like a fool burns lots of calories -- trust me!! haha :laugh:

Spring will be here before long. Think you can squeeze in a quick walk after dinner? Before dinner? Drag the kid along. Healthy exercise habits can never be formed too early -- or too late!!

Good luck. Chin up. Get determined. Do this for yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I find that it helps to have a schedule. If I decide that I am going to work out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week, it motivates me more to do it and look forward to an off day on Friday. If you leave it up to just how you feel once you get home from work, you most likely won't do it.

I do the same thing. My rest day is usually Monday and the other days I am doing something, whether it's running or working out in my basement with DVDs too. I have a 5 month old, so I am pretty busy too and I have to sometimes FORCE myself to work out. I personally always work out in the mornings when my baby is still sleeping (this means getting up at 6:30am usually). It's tough going, but we won't see results unless we put in the effort. :noway:
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I was never able to work out effectively at home.....it took so much more glue to the seat of my pants than I had.

I am now up at 4:30 Monday through Friday and 6:30 on Saturday and Sunday. It was difficult to get used to at first, but now I cannot live without it.

DVDs can usually be found any any and all garage/yard sales - and thrift stores as someone pointed out. I have a few I would be happy to sell you for $5 each plus shipping...lol
  • clk238
    clk238 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm with lauryn- try getting outside! even if it's cold- that will get your heart rate up! bring the kids!

Another thing i do if i can't get to the gym is some calisthenics (?) .. just little made-up exercises on my living room floor while watching tv. i challenge myself with 10 pushups, 50 crunches(varying types of ab exercises is fun, and keeps you interested), jumping jacks really get the heart rate up.

there are lots of little things you can do, incorporating chores... run when going up and down the stairs, squats when moving lundry around, even tricep dips on the side of the bathtub while your kids play at bathtime. if you get in a mindset of MOVING, you can burn more calories!