Recording weights

Options
I'm not sure how to record the weight I am lifting or working with. If I am working both arms simultaneously and using 5 lb weights, do I record 5 lbs or 10 lbs? And if I am using a machine and it is set at 5...I just record 5? Help, not sure!! Thanks!

Replies

• lisaleigh
    Options
    I'm not sure how to record the weight I am lifting or working with. If I am working both arms simultaneously and using 5 lb weights, do I record 5 lbs or 10 lbs? And if I am using a machine and it is set at 5...I just record 5? Help, not sure!! Thanks!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I wondered about that too but since the recording is only for me and doesn't show the calories, I figure as long as I am consistent, I will know what it is about
  • scman111
    Options
    If you are using 5lbs. in each hand and working them at the same time then 10lbs.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    If you are using 5lbs. in each hand and working them at the same time then 10lbs.
    I would put in 5 lbs and then add the reps together, but to each their own.
  • lisaleigh
    Options
    Thanks for the input everybody. The other part of my question? About machines at the gym? If I am using something set at 5 does that mean I am resisting 5 lbs of weight. Sorry, pretty new to the machine thing!