Man boobs!!!

Options
I'm 19 and I've had man boobs since I was around 14. So far I've lost 25lb of weight and not noticed a significant decrease in moob size. I and currently only 7lb from being 'normal' on my bmi but I can't see a major difference in them next 7lbs.

People have said bench and press ups, I've tried both and non work. Cardio isn't working either, I walk around 30-40 minutes a day 5 times a week.

Does anybody have a similar problem?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Keep at it and they go. Try to get your calories from protein and fats, and stop eating sweets or chocolates
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    People have said bench and press ups, I've tried both and non work.

Tried it how many times? I started over a year ago and focused a lot on chest exercises and back exercises. I have done a myriad of both but I focused pretty hard on flat bench on chest day and wide-grip/close-grip lat pulldowns on back day. Those two together have done pretty good for moobs. In addition to proper eating, other lifting, and cardio as well of course. Don't focus on trying to get massive amounts of weight to start with. Work with whatever weight you can get 5-7 reps per set out of. There are a lot of guys on here who have had great amounts of success. Add a few of them as friends and listen to what they say. Who better to learn from than someone who has done what you are trying to do? Also, there is a great FAQ section listed on my profile. Check it out too. There is a lot of great information on this site and there is a lot of misinformation on this site. You have to find a group of people who have done what you are trying to do so you will head down the correct path. Cheers!
  • Justin_1972
    Justin_1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind they can also be hormone or medication related. But honestly pushups are the best thing for them. Try doing 150 per day spread out in sets if 20 or 30. I hate moobs.
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    Most people i talk to say to do the pushup/weight-lifting thing like others have just told you. I still deal with this issue as well, but don't do enough strength training like i probably should.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    People have said bench and press ups, I've tried both and non work. Cardio isn't working either, I walk around 30-40 minutes a day 5 times a week.
    Just doing bench press, etc. isn't going to take them away, but lifting over time, and filling up that skin with some bulky muscle will reshape your chest and back to the point that they should be gone. The good news is that you're only 19. Take advantage of that, buddy. I'm 43 and have been +-300 lbs. for 12-15 years with ginormous man boobs. It's gonna take a heck of a lot of muscle to look decent at all, and it still won't fill up all of that sagging skin. :sad:
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    As I lose weight my moobs seem more prominent. Not sure if this is partly due to testosterone injections I'm on though