One of the most heartbreaking things you will ever see...

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkNn3Ei-Lg&feature=share

I'm sure some of you have seen this video already, but for those of you who haven't, I wanted to make sure it gets seen. I know a lot of us when dealing with weight and body issues have been subjected to bullying. Some of us as children, and some still as adults. I'm sure some of you here are still going through it now. I think most people don't really realize how devastating it is to someone unless they've been through it. Hopefully this helps enlighten people.

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    That is so sad. He looks a lot like my older son, and I can just imagine him feeling that way, he will not fit in or give up what he believes in even when everyone else is against him. Poor boy.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can't follow the link directly on my iPhone. But I have the YouTube app if someone could kindly tell me what to search for? I tried with hints in the OP but don't know what in looking for?!
  • AuntSissy152
    AuntSissy152 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If this video is legitimate, it is too sad. I just wanted to hug him.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i would love to know the follow up. how is 8th grade going for him...did the video make any difference...etc...
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    he has a updated post at the same video saying he was in a dark place at this time and that he is gay and havent come out yet. Since this video and the link to his fb page his parents and people at his school know that he is gay and everything is better. But he does state the video is real. It is very touching because even if not real to him this is a big issue everywhere. Thanks for posting it because I made my son watch it.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I WORKED WITH MANY STUDENTS JUST LIKE THIS. ONE DAY a female student, 14, cut herself severely in the bathroom with her bracelet. She had smeared her blood all over and was screaming. Since she knew me so well, she calmed down and I took her to the hospital to meet her mom. She was hospitalized for awhile. She came back to school and thankfully it didnt happen again. Today she is 24, beautiful and just had her first baby.

There were many kids like that. I am fortunate as I could help them with their pain. Feeling sorry never did anything. If you want to help, reach out.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Reach out, is right!

I know this is an adult site, but I think kids need to be encouraged to speak up against bullying when it is happening around them. Even a single person speaking out can make all the difference.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    This about had me sobbing :(
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I can't follow the link directly on my iPhone. But I have the YouTube app if someone could kindly tell me what to search for? I tried with hints in the OP but don't know what in looking for?!

If you search for "Whats goin on" and you should be able to find it.