Question for runners?

Options
13»

Replies

• chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Outside. Mostly desert trails because the road is flat and boring. I never felt comfortable on a treadmill because I have long legs and feel like I can't really stride right on it. If I can't get out to run, my go-to in-home cardio is either kettlebells or my rowing machine.
  • it's just as good if your using the incline
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    The Treadmill is a little easier on the joints than the road for sure...it is a great workout...if you are just starting to run remember to walk a little and get warmed up and then run for 2-5 minutes and then walk for 2-5 minutes...keep doing that for awhile and eventually increase the time you are running while decreasing the time you walk so that you are running more and walking less until eventually you are running the whole time...look for a couch to 5k program and that will help a lot...good luck...I run inside and outside...love them both...Good luck and blessings
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I run outside...I probably will end up running on the treadmill a few times this winter if the weather gets bad, but it's really hard for me to run on the treadmill. I think for me it's harder mentally to keep going when I'm getting nowhere. lol
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Great advice here!

I would like to just say that treadmill or outdoors, running is running...its all good :)

I prefer to run outdoors. I like to run at night. I like to run alone. I find it relaxing and such a stress relief. I'm also a single mom of two daughters and I just have to make it work for me. Their dad is great and I have a friend that will sit here at the house so I can get out. I dont like to ask for help a lot, but I do for running. Its amazing :)

Good luck :)