Diet Coke Issues

Options
2»

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Aspartame leaches the calcium out of your bones. People who drink a lot of diet cokes tend to have hip problems, etc early in life.

It's not the aspartame. It's the phosphoric acid, which is present in regular cola as well.
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    Soda sux, simple as that. Just quit. Cold turkey, and do not replace the caffeine. Enjoy the headaches. Pain is weakness leaving the body, and that statement really shines here.

I quit Mt. Dew, like a 12 pack a day. That and quitting smoking were the best things I have ever done for myself...
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I was ever addicted to soda, but I REALLY like it. I switched to Diet Dr Pepper, but then I was drinking a 2 liter bottle every few days. How did I stop? I just stopped buying it.

I know, it sounds simple, but it really is. Don't have soda in the house. I have gotten to the point where I keep a 2 liter of Diet Dr Pepper in the fridge, but now I only have it maybe once every few weeks (normally on hamburger & wedges night!). Its more about getting out of the habit. :flowerforyou:

Not helpful, I know, but it can be overcome! :bigsmile: